Author Topic: Trojan Help!  (Read 1758 times)

Psychosis102

Trojan Help!
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:05:46 AM »
Ok so I have ran Avast and updated it as much as possible. This trojan/virus or w/e it is loads a IE window every minute, has also diabled my ablity to use Task Manger to end the process and I tried to hit it with adaware/avast/ and everything else under the sun. Spybot finds it and says its been deleted but after awhile it returns just as strong. BTW the name starts with a H its spelled freaking wierd. like Huyperion/Hyperion/ or Huperon something along that lines. Now also for some odd reason my volume control died so this thing has to go! One morre thing. I tried to format the drives as a last resort and it tells me that it can't cause a file/open program is still running and I don't have anything open. I'm guessing the corrupted file is screwing with my IE and keeping it open and downloading. It constantly downloads these .txt file to the cookies section of my user profile. Tryed running through safe_mode and turned off reboot/ restore options. And tryed to kill it through linux. Is there a way to format the drive via LINUX MINT? So but let me step off the soap box for a moment. Anyone have any suggestions? Please?
-Mike-

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Trojan Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:39:10 AM »
Hi Mike,

Download and run these 2 programs in the order posted. You might want to download them both before running the first one.

Download and save to your desktop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
[color="#2E8B57"]If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.[/color]

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Please post both logs in your next reply.

thanks