Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 2578 times)

lizard615

Please Help!
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:42:05 AM »
Had several viruses on my laptop.  Installed Avast and that took care of them.  However, how do I get that annoying DANGER SPYWARE message box off of my desktop?

Hope this is not a dumb question..... ::)

Liz

Spiritsongs

Re: Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:25:06 AM »
 :)  Hi :

Apparently Avast took care of ONLY PART of the problem; that is why we usually recommend using other programs, such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
( www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/php ) AND/OR "SUPERAntiSpyware
( www.superantispyware.com ) , BOTH of which come in FREE Version(s) .

P.S. There are few, if any, computer "viruses" nowadays .

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 05:34:51 AM »

Does it actually say "DANGER SPYWARE"?

Are you sure this message is from avast?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Had several viruses on my laptop.  Installed Avast and that took care of them.  However, how do I get that annoying DANGER SPYWARE message box off of my desktop?

I believe this is basically a rogue/fake security alert that usually advises you visit a site or download software to do a scan, don't do either as you will either be properly infected or conned out of cash, the process of which could also steal your details.

Run both of the applications suggested by Spiritsongs, preferably from safe mode and report the findings (contents of the log files) here.
Booting into safe mode http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Had several viruses on my laptop.
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.