Author Topic: Sharepoint plugin DOES belong to SBS server (premium) edition!  (Read 4147 times)

Garindan

I want to refer back to this subject: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=40941.0

In it is a discussion about the sharepoint plugin not being part of the SBS Server license.

I believed them at first but I now have gone and looked at the SBS server edition page it says that the pluin IS part of the SBS server edition!

This part from the page http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_small_business.html however states the following:

"avast! Small Business Server Edition comes in two versions.

The Standard version contains the following components:

avast! Server Edition, i.e. the antivirus kernel + file system protection
avast! Exchange Server plugin, to protect all traffic in the Exchange Server environment
avast! Sharepoint Server plugin, to protect Microsoft Sharepoint Server

The Premium version contains the following components:

avast! Server Edition, i.e. the antivirus kernel + file system protection
avast! Exchange Server plugin, to protect all traffic in the Exchange Server environment
avast! Sharepoint Server plugin, to protect Microsoft Sharepoint Server
avast! MS Proxy/ISA Server plugin, to protect the MS ISA Server "

This proves that the Sharepoint plugin DOES belong to the SBS server edition.

Avast has since the last update made it impossible to update SBS Server edition if this plugin is installed. As I have a legal license of SBS sever premium edition and in light of the information on THEIR OWN webpage, I say they have excluded the plugin illegally or they provide the WRONG information and have MISLED their users! I demand they put the plugin back into the SBS server (premium) edition IMMEDIATELY!

Garindan

Re: Sharepoint plugin DOES belong to SBS server (premium) edition!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
BTW I've re-installed the Sharepoint plugin in the hope they had seen the error of their ways, but it still will NOT update with the plug-in installed.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
The policy has changed just a couple of days ago (the Sharepoint plugin is now indeed part of the avast SBS edition, while previously it was not).

In order to get an updated license please contact the avast sales team at sales@avast.com. They should be able to supply you with an updated license file.

Thank you, and sorry for the troubles.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Garindan

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:36:29 AM »
AHHH, now I understand!!

I appologize for my angry message then.

Thank you avast for reevaluating your opinion of the SBS edition on our messages.

Bas