Author Topic: RCP error. Nothing seems to fix this for me.  (Read 8097 times)

xknighthawkx

Re: RCP error. Nothing seems to fix this for me.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
Not working again. I can't find any reason for it to work one time then not the next. I don't know what to do about it.

I am wondering if I corrupted something in Windows when I was trying different VIA 4in1 installs. The motherboard didn't have XP drivers. I had to try different VIA 4in1 drivers to find one for my video card to work right. But I found out the video card drivers didn't work cause the newer ones required XP SP2 as a minimum. Maybe just maybe I have something corrupt in windows.

If I can't figure it out I'll try reinstalling windows.

Edit
------------
Something weird about my windows install. The user documents usually are just listed by the users name. The computer name is Gerald, The user name is stinky. Now the documents should be named stinky documents. There is a Stinky documents but when the computer runs it logs into an account not made. Stinky.Gerald documents is the name of the documents folder. There is no application data in the Stinky documents just in Stinky.Gerald documents. I am wondering if he did something on the computer before I was completely done with the system.

Could this be causing problems with Avast?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:52:39 PM by xknighthawkx »