Author Topic: Updated Zone Alarm and Avast said  (Read 4330 times)

Eminem

Updated Zone Alarm and Avast said
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:36:51 AM »
Updated Zone Alarm and after i restarted my computer something popped up saying incompatibility problem. It said to click no if you have not had any problems so i clicked no. Is Avast just temporarily having compatability problems with Zone Alarm or something?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:07:33 AM by Eminem »

Eminem

Re: Updated Zone Alarm and Avast said
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:06:32 AM »
Is it just zone alarm pro that has incompatibility with avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:07:21 AM »
Updated Zone Alarm and after i restarted my computer something popped up saying incompatibility problem. It said to click no if you have not had any problems so i clicked no. Is Avast just temporarily having compatability problems with Zone Alarm or something?

No, because your updating of ZA I would suggest is now has the zone alarm pro trial functionality, which includes the ZA Privacy function that messes with the web shield. The problem is on the Zone Alarm side but avast is on the look out for it.

You have to exercise care when updating ZA to ensure you only have the free version and you decline the pro trial elements.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Eminem

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:09:17 AM »
how do i find out if i downloaded the pro trial?

Eminem

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »
so now i have a problem with my avast and zone alarm?  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
how do i find out if i downloaded the pro trial?

By checking what functionality is on the version you have, if it has the Privacy function you have the pro trial.

so now i have a problem with my avast and zone alarm?  ???

Depends what you answered Yes or No to the compatibility question and if you really have the pro trial.

You may have to manually set your browser/s to use the web shield proxy. You may however be better off ensuring you download the free version only, uninstall the current version install the free version and take care when installing look out for any check boxes that are pre checked referring to trial anything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Eminem

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 03:23:06 AM »
ok how do i find out if i have the privacy thing? I'm pretty sure i answered no and just said to install the update for the free version but i just want to be sure.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 03:30:53 AM »
During set up of ZA Free you will be asked if you want to take the 15 day free trial of ZA Pro.  Did you accept the free trial?  If you did then you have Pro.  If you didn't you have the free version.

The only problem with ZA is with ZA Pro's Privacy function interfering with avast!'s WebShield.  ZA Pro's Privacy settings can be turned off and you won't have any issues. ;)

I personally never had any problems with ZA Pro's Privacy functions & avast!.  I shut down ZA Pro Privacy settings anyway as they are unneeded.

I just returned to ZA from Online Armor.  I'm very happy to be back with Z! :) :) :)

I don't plan to try any other firewall but the avast! Personal Firewall when it comes out. ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:41:21 AM by rdmaloyjr »

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 03:50:31 AM »
ok how do i find out if i have the privacy thing? I'm pretty sure i answered no and just said to install the update for the free version but i just want to be sure.

Click on the Z in your taskbar, choose about.  Or  Double click on the Z in your taskbar and the ZA GUI will come up.  If there is no Privacy in the menu, you have ZA Free. ;)

Eminem

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 09:10:52 PM »
says nothing about privacy anywhere.