Author Topic: The complaint  (Read 5768 times)

Sergei

The complaint
« on: May 05, 2004, 09:36:42 PM »
Has loaded Russian version AVAST. I can not install it. Gives out the message:"This setup does not

contain all needed components. Please use internet update or full setup program." How to be? >:(
What volume of necessary upgrade? ???
Why about it there is no information on a web -page Download? :-\
What is the full setup programm and than it differs from Russian setup programm? :-\

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:The complaint
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 09:48:09 AM »
You are trying to update an existing (English?) installation of avast! with Russian-only installer. It is not possible - the installer has to make sure that all avast! components have the same version (i.e. that avast! remains consistent after installing new components) - but it cannot do that because the package doesn't contain the other (already installed) language modules, so it cannot perform the verification (or update, if necessary).

To update an existing avast! installation, you don't have to use the installer. You can simply go to the Language selection dialog in program Settings, click on the text "To install additional languages, click here" - and in the window that will appear check the "Russian language" items. The Russian modules will automatically be downloaded and installed - provided you have an Internet connection, of course.

So, you cannot use the Russian-only installer to update an existing non-Russian installation - you would have to uninstall avast! first.

There exists a full installer (containing all available languages, so it's quite big - 25MB currently) that would be able to update an existing installation off-line, but I am not sure if this file is downloadable anywhere; we ditribute this file to our customers on CD.

Sergei

Re:This is Russian???!!!???
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 09:09:46 PM »
Dear Igor!

Thanks for the detailed answer and attention.

However, having established the Russian version, I have paid attention to absence of the main thing - a file Help in Russian. To my regret, translation is made only the interface, that not correctly and by and large it is not necessary. Besides, translation is executed at very low professional level and is similar quickly, that does not make honour of so dear company.
Release of the similar phenomenon as the Russian version AVAST I regard as an advertising gimmick.
The similar relation from the solid company I did not expect, than is very much afflicted. :'(

Conclusion: Better you would not do make the RUSSIAN version of the antivirus.  :-\

Began search of a new antivirus!!! :P
Once again thanks for the answer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:This is Russian???!!!???
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:07:56 AM »
Dear Igor!

Thanks for the detailed answer and attention.

However, having established the Russian version, I have paid attention to absence of the main thing - a file Help in Russian. To my regret, translation is made only the interface, that not correctly and by and large it is not necessary. Besides, translation is executed at very low professional level and is similar quickly, that does not make honour of so dear company.
Release of the similar phenomenon as the Russian version AVAST I regard as an advertising gimmick.
The similar relation from the solid company I did not expect, than is very much afflicted. :'(

Conclusion: Better you would not do make the RUSSIAN version of the antivirus.  :-\

Began search of a new antivirus!!! :P
Once again thanks for the answer.

Sergei, please, be patient with the translators... They are users like me, like you...
We always can improve our translations. It takes me about 150 hours to do the Portuguese version. But, anyway, thanks for posting and alerting the avast! team.  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 09:33:36 AM »
The translation has been done by a Russian user. As Technical said, it is a big amount of work... and the help files are not finished yet.
I am sorry you don't like it.

Sergei

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 07:32:04 PM »
Sirs!

It would be desirable you to repeat, that Russian version AVAST absolutely crude and in such kind is not  NECESSARY and even harmful, and first of all for you!
It is interesting, what the base legal document of our mutual relations - the License agreement, your,  so-called, the translator also has not translated, WHY?
Better in 450 hours YOU would make qualitative and full translation, than compelled the future users from  ex-USSR, having seen a signboard  "RUSSIAN VERSION" to download  without small 8 Mb, and then to be  disappointed.

I would say, such translation illiterate, and your justifications and appeals to patience unreasonable.
On yours I should wait even a month, download 10 Mb, and then appears, that fine typing errors are  corrected (which, by the way, too are available), and the text of translation, both was we do not read  (style ???), and has remained; the HELP file  both has not been translated, and has remained. In my opinion  it refers to the DECEIT.

Besides, if to add Russian to the installed English language through the Internet installation and the  HELP file   (in Russian is offered???), and it turns out, that installation of one more file in English  will be made, and I so think, that it already a direct DECEIT.

I realize, that on all time is necessary, however I believe, that if the serious company offers the  product it should have the finished PRODUCT, instead of to be a semifinished item.

And at last, I shall give council.
Your competitors who have created the anti-virus program, conformable under your name, STOP! 4 have  declared competition on translation of the program into a line of the European languages. I am confident,  that translation of their antivirus into the order will be better.

The best regards.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 09:28:10 PM »
I'ts amazing but I have some programs that are in russian and I don't speak a word of russian.
I just like and needed what the program was able to do and, when I needed help, I used a translation service ( free).
Is this a free version or the pro version?
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 04:01:16 AM »
Sergei, stop yealing. This is a peacefull place. I won't fight with you.
Please, help us. Do not blame us...
Please, ask Igor and correct all the Russian translation.
If you want any suggestion, please ask me  8)
The best things in life are free.

Sergei

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 05:25:30 PM »
Mr. Bob3160!

So I also act, when the help is necessary for me(I use programs - translators), but it demands a lot of  time which frequently is not present also it very, very  much is not convenient, especial, if there are  some connected references.

Thanks for attention!

Mr. Technical!

I to you DID NOT DECLARE war to battle!

My professional interests are far enough from translational activity, programming, etc.
And unfortunately, I do not possess a plenty of time for such activity. Besides I think, that any work  should be paid. But I, also think not only I, I do not refuse to render the feasible help. It is not  known only as???

Thanks for the answer!

Administrations!

I think to not enter users from ex-USSR into error, YOU should make a corresponding mark on a webpage DOWNLOAD, to remove the offer on loadings a HELP-file of the  in Russian at updating through the Internet.

With the best regards!
Farewell!!!

I congratulate all on the HOLIDAY of the GREAT VICTORY OVER the NAZI GERMANY!!!
Ïîçäðàâëÿþ âñåõ ñ ÏÐÀÇÄÍÈÊÎÌ ÂÅËÈÊÎÉ ÏÎÁÅÄÛ ÍÀÄ ÍÀÖÈÑÒÊÎÉ ÃÅÐÌÀÍÈÅÉ!!!