Author Topic: Are you using your browser with the right settings? Check the browser!  (Read 3616 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Well malware fighters,

A lot of users use a computer and a browser as it comes out of the box or the way it was downloaded, but that is highly insecure. Default settings is not for the particular user nor the security savvy.
Read all about the right browser settings here: http://www.h-online.com/security/services/browsercheck/

For the Fx or Flock Mozilla-type browsers there are a couple of essential security extensions, you better install to add security considerably: NoScript, Perpectives, CSP, RequestPolicy and Firekeeper is my personal brew, together with ABP that combines ad-blocking privacy with certain security enhancement,

So do yourselves a favor and dive into it, together with the active shields of avast, you can have so much more protection,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Kidungaz

Hello,I'm supposed to make reply to this topic but instead i have a question because i did not find somewhere "send new topic",that's why am asking thru reply your topic,am sorry for that,my question is that i have accidently deleted an Avast sign on my desktop,pls show me how to return it to my desktop. 2nd, i want to uninstall Avast then to install it next time,pls show me how to Uninstall the whole program.
i have avast for home users free d.load,
Winxp home edition, IE6.
thanks.

spg SCOTT

Very wise words there Polonus, as always ;D

@Kidungaz

-First of all see the attached pic to see where to post a new topic, don't worry it took me a while to find it the first time ;)

-which icon are you talking about,the avast! antivirus icon on the desktop or the icon in the tray?

-To uninsatall and reinstall follow these instructions set out by Tech

I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation. Maybe you should boot in Safe Mode.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Hi spg SCOTT,

Thanks for your comment, and where the hijack of the thread is concerned, you are forgiven, if it helps the user, it is OK by me,

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
pls show me how to return it to my desktop.
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
The best things in life are free.