Author Topic: "Patch" for Conficker? I'm lost...  (Read 11233 times)

rosebud945

Re: "Patch" for Conficker? I'm lost...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
No, System Care 3.2 is a system main/scanner that was recommended to me along with Avast by a computer guy and several engineering students after I had to wipe and reload. Here it is
http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_3_d5927.html

I will download the malwarebytes scan. I tried the trendmicro housecall scan a few days ago, but it locked up and its files got corrupt in the middle of the scan.

Now, I have to turn off Avast before I do the malwarebytes scan, right?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
No, they can run at the same time.  Malwarebytes isn't an Anti-virus program, it's anti-malware/spyware.  They don't conflict with each other.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

rosebud945

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
Okay, I will do that now!

Thanks bunches!  ;D

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »
I did a boot time scan twice after the most recent trojan(s) was found, and it turned up nothing. I didn't turn off the system restore before the virus infected files were deleted, but several system files are in the virus chest. There is no virus listed on any of them. The System Care scan was performed after the last clean Avast boot time scan.

Should I turn off system restore, dump those system files in the chest, download malwarebytes, run it, and see?

The files listed under system files in the chest are backup files placed there by Avast and should not be deleted.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »
I did a boot time scan twice after the most recent trojan(s) was found, and it turned up nothing. I didn't turn off the system restore before the virus infected files were deleted, but several system files are in the virus chest. There is no virus listed on any of them. The System Care scan was performed after the last clean Avast boot time scan.

Should I turn off system restore, dump those system files in the chest, download malwarebytes, run it, and see?

The files listed under system file in the chest are backup file placed there by Avast and should not be deleted.

Yeah, I should have said that.  Thanks Marc, I missed it in rosebud's post.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
No problem scythe, Glad to help.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

rosebud945

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
HELL! ARGH!

I just ran a malwarebytes scan and it found the following:

Rootkit.agent.V

Four objects infected

2 in C: System restore, 1 in windows syst.32, and one in windows service pack 3

Should I start another thread?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »
That's a good idea, we're straying away from the original post.

rosebud945

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 08:36:21 PM »
Done. Its called rosebud945's hell, part 2  :-[

CharleyO

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 05:33:20 AM »

Hi Rosebud -

If those files you mentioned above are in the "System files" section of the virus chest, leave them there. Avast put those file copies there in case they are needed for restoring imoprtant system files.