Author Topic: Cornficker Virus patch  (Read 4139 times)

twingo

Cornficker Virus patch
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
Hi

Can  some body help me I am going mad... 3 hours trying to down load the patch from Micro soft but still have problems, i have updated to service pack 3 done the clean out and when I tried to download patch both ways direcly or saved it says that the languge
 Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language,"

I had installed the orgianl  XP version in French but it seems when I downloaded the last service 3 it was in english,

My questions are:
Are they talking about computer langauge or spoken language
If so where can I find a french version as all the French sites I found refers back to the Microsoft English version

Thank you for any help

Mr.Agent

Re: Cornficker Virus patch
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
Its possible to got service 3 in french but well did you get your windows legal with a CD and serial ? Or unlegally by a crack or something ?

If there another thing i can do for i will but for the moment i didnt maybe other guy will help you :)

valentino

Does the latest update has all the possible uodates that i missed before?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
I have missed some updates lately and i want to know if the latest update has all the updates about all possible threats.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »
How did you download the SP3? By Windows Updates or by the download site?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=fr&FamilyID=5b33b5a8-5e76-401f-be08-1e1555d4f3d4
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
I have missed some updates lately and i want to know if the latest update has all the updates about all possible threats.
Better will be opening your own thread for that instead of hijacking this one.
The best things in life are free.