Author Topic: failure to perform quick scan  (Read 1777 times)

Mystiques

failure to perform quick scan
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »
Hi!
Guys i need your help last night i tried to scan my flash and my friends but weird enough that whenever i scan it only reaches to 2% of scanning then the scanning process freezes, Im a bit frustrated because that makes me think that im less protected

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: failure to perform quick scan
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »
How exactly does it freeze? Does it happen always approximately at the same place/folder of the scan?
Do you see a hard disk activity (when it freezes)? Is only the program frozen, or the whole computer (possibly with mouse cursor)?

You can go to the program settings and turn on the creation of the report file (with "OK files" to be included as well in the report). This way, you can find out where the scan really stopped (it's going to be close to the end of the report).

After avast! disappears, check the end of the report file - the "troublesome" file is likely to be close to the end (close in the sense that this particular file will probably not be written in the report, but the previous one will be the last line, so it shouldn't be hard to guess). They would certainly like to have this file - if it really causes problems to avast! - so that they could fix the problem.

The report file created (if you turned it on in program settings) will be (default location) at <avast4>\Data\Report\Simple User Interface.txt
The best things in life are free.