Author Topic: Recommended software firewalls for Windows XP?  (Read 2800 times)

Will91

Recommended software firewalls for Windows XP?
« on: April 01, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
Hello everyone:

A few years ago, I started using Comodo as my software firewall and companion to Avast.  I'm sure everyone knows the problems they had with their updates about a year ago.  I uninstalled Comodo and have only been using the standard Windows XP firewall since.

Is this sufficient protection or should I re-consider Comodo again (hopefully they have fixed the problems) or is there another free (and better) program out there?  I never really did find Comodo very user-friendly.

Thanks!

saiefovech

Re: Recommended software firewalls for Windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »
hello .. iam using pctools firewall plus ( free ) its working with avast home with no conflicts .. i recommend it .. its working smoothly and freindly GUI ,,

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »
This topic has been covered a few times before...

You can search around a bit, or take a look at this post, and I'm sure that you'll find a respectable answer.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=39983.0

Hope it helps.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

jpmartin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:43:11 AM »
hmm
i was wondering when avast pro come with a firewall and instead of using a different softwares? My old computer XP has the same problems here.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »
i was wondering when avast pro come with a firewall and instead of using a different softwares?
Next July ;)
The best things in life are free.