Author Topic: Avast for Mac - License key invalid or expired??  (Read 10485 times)

Miaqh

Avast for Mac - License key invalid or expired??
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
I suddenly get this message from avast! "The licence is invalid or has expired. Without a valid licence, you can not use the avast! application anymore."
I can't find any information about how to get a new license file and I can't find the old one. Maybe I don't have one, but why has it been working until now then??

Please help me - I don't know anything about Mac or avast!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Avast for Mac - License key invalid or expired??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »
Avast for Mac is like all other Avast products in that you have 60 Days to use the program after that you must purchase the program.

Avast for Mac is $39.95(USD) or you can buy Avast for Mac + PC which includes the Mac version and the Professional edition of the windows version for $49.95(USD). This is great if you are running windows in BootCamp and also want to protect it.

Link to store:
http://www.avast.com/eng/buy-desktop-antivirus-solutions.html
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

will.smothers

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »
.: Mac :.,
I purchased for our company a 10 pack of the Avast! Professional licenses w/ 2 years of support and when we did we were assured that the Professional license would work on all our PCs and our ONE Mac in the office. Well, the licenses works fine on all the PCs, but I cannot get it to install on the Mac because we did not get a license file for the Mac.

Now, I do not want to hear that we will have to buy any additional licenses because we were assured that the Professional license would work on the Mac Version. I specifically asked this question in advance to avoid any problems...

Now, how do I go about getting a .dat file for the one and only Mac in my office.

- Will Smothers, MCSE

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »
You will need to email the avast sales team at sales(at)avast.com
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay