Author Topic: Strange issue  (Read 2885 times)

Duchess44

Strange issue
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:49:12 AM »
Ok, my homepage is set to about:blank.  However this time when I logged on it went to a youtube page with the video "rickroll'd"  I ran a virus scan but it came up clean.  I don't believe anyone in my home knows how to change homepages on computers.  Is there another suggestion as to what this could be?

Please let me know what other information you need and I will try my best to get it for you.

Thanks

Jtaylor83

Re: Strange issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:53:45 AM »
It maybe an April Fools' Joke.

Duchess44

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
Well that's just it...noone else in my house knows how to do something like that.  They are always coming to me to fix their stuff...I mean, I know I don't know much, but I know I know more than they do  ;D  so I highly doubt anyone would even know where to start.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »
To be sure you're clean, I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

zone12

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
It seems to be an April fools joke. Ask around the house and if no one is to blame run a full scan

Duchess44

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:53:23 AM »
Ok will do.  I think you guys are right though.  It hasn't happened since and I haven't found any viruses(virii?) so...

Guess they got me..whoever it was  :o ;D