Author Topic: Avast 4.8 Server on SBS 2003 Premium w/ SQL 2005  (Read 7167 times)

flaversaver

Avast 4.8 Server on SBS 2003 Premium w/ SQL 2005
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »
I have a newly deployed SBS 2003 Premium server with SQL Server 2005 installed and running because of a piece of shared software requires it.

Getting the following error (event id 90):
Database check on RDRSERVER\avast  server failed with 0000A410 error. Use AMS Maintenance Tool to fix the problem. 

and...

Error 0000A410 has occured while loading the global data storage. 

When I go into the ams tool, I can't create, delete, restore, or connect to sql.

I've tried deleting the avast DB in the program files, no luck.

All help is greatly appreciated. I've been stuck on this for a week now and have read through the forums over and over again.

flaversaver

Re: Avast 4.8 Server on SBS 2003 Premium w/ SQL 2005
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
I think I resolved some of this. I'm now able to test the sql connection successfully. Also created a new db just fine and checked for conflict. Came out okay.

Now I just can't login to the AMS. I'm using the SA username with my password.

Lex

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
You have to use default account for AMS: login Administrator, password - admin.

flaversaver

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
You're right!. I actually figured it out last night. I knew about the default username / pass, but I didn't know the "server". Turns out you have to use the absolute name such as server.domain.local.

I'm good to go now.

calawala

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:29:00 AM »
Please tell us how you resolved your issue!!!

I had the same issue.  The only difference was that my SBS server is 2003 standard, not premium.  All other symptoms described above were the same.

I solved it by:
- Opening AMS Maintenance (start menu --> All Programs --> avast! Management Tools --> AMS Maintenance)
- Clicking the "SQL conn" button (to make sure the SQL connection was working)
- Clicking the "Create DB" button
- Clicking the "Check DB" button (to check the newly created DB)
Close window.

I also double checked to make sure the avast services were running
- avast! iAVS4 Mirror HTTP Server
- avast! Management Server

I was then able to log onto the ADNM console using the default username and password
U: Administrator
P: admin

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:37:41 AM »
First, you have to check to see if your Avast Management Server is running in your services list.

If it is, then it should work.

If the service isn't running, then you probably have to figure out what username/password you created for the SQL database. If it's not right, you'll need to correct it. If it is right, you may need to re-create the database.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum