Author Topic: Avast and Clean Access Agent  (Read 2486 times)

akevans08

Avast and Clean Access Agent
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
I go to graduate school and have not been able to connect to the wireless network on Campus using Clean Access Agent because it doesn't seem to identify my Avast as an antivirus... I know they are compatable and REALLY want to be able to use the internet on my laptop.

I have Clean Access 4.0.6.2 and this comes up on Antivrius and Anti-Spyware products detected on my computer:

1. Product Type   :  Anti-Spyware (SpyBot)
    Product Name   :  Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
    Product Ver.   :  1.4
    Def Ver.   : 
    Def Date   :  4/1/2009

2. Product Type   :  AntiVirus (WmiAV)
    Product Name   :  ALWIL unknown product
    Product Ver.   :  4.8.1335
    Def Ver.   : 
    Def Date   : 

I think the problem is that the Avast Def ver. and Def Date are blank... any idea how I can fix this? I would be forever grateful!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Avast and Clean Access Agent
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
From the Cisco FAQ:
I have another anti-virus program installed, can I use that or do I have to install Symantec's?
So long as your virus definitions are up to date you may use any of the following programs. If you have a trial version or if your subscription for update has expired, you will need to un-install that anti-virus program and install Symantec. Supported anti-virus programs are: McAfee, Trend Micro, Norton Internet Security, AVG and ClamWin.
(My bolding.)
Fussy yet un-discerning bunch, aren't they?
I guess you could try contacting them to point out the obvious inadequacies in their permitted AV selections.
[edit] Here's the URL that was taken from: http://www1.american.edu/technology/sites/helpdesk/content.cfm?id=1935
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.