Author Topic: Disabling Avast during games  (Read 4206 times)

avguste

Disabling Avast during games
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:05:14 AM »
Hello
I am trying to disable Avast when I play games online.Specifically I am wanting to see if the in game services of getgsc.com will work when I disable Avast and other security softwares during gaming.
Note,that when I am done gaming,I would like to be able to restart Avast as it was before

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: Disabling Avast during games
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »
-= If its that notifications that you hate when you are playing full screen games.. Just right click the blue avast ball then program settings, then troubleshooting, then check the checkbox that states check for full screen applications before displaying pop-ups..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Right click on the Avast icon in the system tray and click on the "Stop on-access Protection" option... turning it on is the same procedure basically.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
I am wanting to see if the in game services of getgsc.com will work when I disable Avast and other security softwares during gaming.

What are these "other security softwares"?

Disabling the Standard shield will leave you exposed to all sorts of viruses and possible attacks. I strongly recommend against it. If you use a specific game, you can put it on the scanner's exception list and that will allow the game to run without interference from avast.

To make the exception

Right click on the spinning a icon at the bottom of your screen.
Select "Program Settings..."
In the left hand side of the window that comes up choose "Exclusions"
Click on the Browse button and select the path to the program you want to make the exception for

WARNING: do this only if you trust the application you want to exclude from the Avast scanner.

Cheers
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.