Author Topic: Avast keeps blocking me from loading pictures to my website or via email  (Read 13156 times)

shellyhebble

Me again, could the problem be that my network (my computer and my sons) are using 2 different versions of IE? I called my internet company and went into MSN discussion boards and couldn't find anything regarding problems with loading pictures from my documents>my pictures to browse attachment on email or to any other site. My internet company said that using 2 different ones on the same network might be the problem.

Thanks and sorry for being such a pain!

buttoni

I added atdmt.com to trusted sites but they are still not loading.

Thanks, Shelly

Google atdmt.com and you'll quickly see it is considered by most to be spyware and undesirable to allow their tracking cookies to remain on your pc.  I'm not sure you want to put it in your "Trusted Sites" entries.   Google and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:20:26 AM by buttoni »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

shellyhebble

Thanks, I took it out. Could the reason I'm having trouble loading pictures be because of 2 different IEs being used on the same network? That is the only other thing that has changed-my son just got his computer back from servicing.

Thanks!

buttoni

I use Yahoo Mail also and can email pics to friends & upload to websites with no problems in Firefox or IE6 (just installed IE8 but  haven't tried it with IE8 yet).  You are aware Yahoo Mail limits the size of a pic you can attach to you email, aren't you?  It won't upload any pics bigger than 1MB for me.  What error do you get in Yahoo Mail when you try to attach a pic?  I have to first size down most all my pics in MS Paint or my photo editing software before attempting to email or upload to some websites.   

I don't think you ever said, but have you EVER been able to successfully upload a pic to the website?  If so, which browser did this successfully for you?  In other words, is this a NEW problem?   Or is this the very first time you've tried to do this?

Also I went to artfire.com and atdmt.com is not appearing in my NoScript or AdBlock lists of advertisers (cookies) for that website, only artfire.com.  So I don't think atdmt.com would have anything to do with this site.  Most likely you picked up that issue elsewhere on the web.   Also, artfire.com shows they have a help forum link down at the bottom of that page.  Have you asked there for help/guidance uploading your pics?  They can at least tell you if there is a image size upload limitation.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:23:19 PM by buttoni »

buttoni

When I try to attach a picture I get logged out-too much time to send.

Can I just go back to IE6-will that solve my problems?

This really sounds like your pics are too big for uploading to your website or to email via Yahoo Mail, so the website (or Yahoo Mail) times you you out & doesn't attach them.  I've experienced this ages ago with my first few pic upload/email attempts.  Then I realized my pics were waaaaay too big!!  Check out the artfire.com forum and ask their size limitations as most websites have to limit the size you can upload.  Just roll your mouse over your pics on your pc to see their size in kb and dimensions. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:08:43 AM by buttoni »

shellyhebble

Good morning, the picture I was trying to upload was necklace number 57 going to artfire.com, is it only 1.57 MBs which is the general size of all the other pictures I have loaded to that site. I also have previously sent necklace pictures via email, which i had to do one at a time, because of the size-they were 1.57 mbs, 1.57 mbs, 1.56 mbs, 1.57 mbs and 1.55 mbs. This is a new problem that just started earlier in the week. That is why I was thinking it had something to do with avast.

Thanks, Shelly

buttoni

Then pic size doesn't appear to be the problem.  I'm afraid I've exhausted my thoughts on your issue.  You'll have to rely on the Avast experts at this point.  I'm no Avast expert.  But the fact that it's a recent change in your ability to manipulate pics would indicate it is related to some recent change in your system software, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:09:57 PM by buttoni »

shellyhebble

Thanks for trying, I have a rat terrier too!  ;D

buttoni

Cool!  I have two.  Wonderful little dogs.   :)  FYI, I just tested sending pics in IE8 and the recipient got them just fine. 

I just had another thought.  When Java gets corrupted sometimes buttons on web pages don't work properly for me.  I wonder if your Java install could have gotten corrupted somehow?  Might be worth downloading a clean copy of the latest version, uninstalling your old Java version and installing a new one and see if that solves anything.  Won't take long and sure worth a try. I have had that resolve problems with website buttons not doing anything when I click them. 

If that fails to help, then if I were in your shoes, I would consider using just one version of IE on your network or or maybe both switching to Firefox, which I think is a much safer browser, personally  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:30:45 PM by buttoni »