Author Topic: Anti-spyware in ZoneAlarm  (Read 2345 times)

Avastfan1

Anti-spyware in ZoneAlarm
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
Dear Avast Forum,

What is the opinion of the anti-spyware module in ZA for those who use ZA as their firewall?

I realise this an Avast forum. Moreover I myself use Avast as my anti-virus program.

Malwarebytes and SAS are the flavour of the forum. Personally, I have followed the advice of numerous Avast gurus and use the resident-protection module of MBAM. In addition I have SAS as an on-demand scanner.

Although I trust, and use, ZA Pro as my firewall I am not really 100% convinced that the anti-spyware module is robust enough. Numerous false positives and the general feel of the program lead me to this conclusion. These are not hard facts, rather my base feeling.

Hence I would be really interested to hear the views of ZA users as well as those who don't use it.

I wish you all a very happy Easter.

Many thanks,

Avastfan1

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Anti-spyware in ZoneAlarm
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »
With avast having anti-spyware detection integrated and SAS and MBAM installed on your system for on-demand scans, personally I don't feel you need it. My firewall had an anti-spyware module that it detects avast's presence and basically disables its AS element to ensure compatibility.

Since ZA Pro has some form for compatibility issues (Privacy function) with the web shield I trust ZA about as far as I can throw them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »
I think the detection of ZA antispyware won't add anything to avast antivirus (in fact, antispyware also).
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »

While I use ZA, it is the free version and an older version before all the crap was added to it.