Author Topic: w32 tidserv g virus help  (Read 3888 times)

sohail1234

w32 tidserv g virus help
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »
i need help i hv been affected with this virus what should i do

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: w32 tidserv g virus help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
You need help we need information.

What is your OS ?
What detected it avast or other security application ?
If avast what option did you select (Move to Chest being the best) ?

What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe - Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sohail1234

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »
i am running xp server pack 2 the problem is no virus application detected it i used my bros usb stick his usb was attcked by w32 tidserv i put the usb in my comptuer now my computer crashes from time to time i thought the virus was destroyed but its infected my computer this is what another website told me to do is too delete this dll gaopdxserv.dll but i cannot find it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:00:55 PM by sohail1234 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
OK, I presume you mean service pack 2, e.g. SP2.

XP SP3 (service pack 3) has been out for 9 months now and I would advise when this is resolved that you update your OS.

I would also suggest a visit to this site, which scans your system for out of date programs that have patches to close vulnerabilities, http://secunia.com/software_inspector/.

avast has w32:tidserv on the virus database so I can only assume that this is a different variant.

However that still gets us back to what detect this infection in the usb stick and or your brothers computer ?

When trying to find files - Ensure that you have hidden files and folders enabled and disable hide system files in Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, Hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types, etc. see image.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Since it appears that you got infected via a USB you need to try and prevent this in the future:
Flash Drive Disinfector
Information and Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Mirror download site, http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Flash_Disinfector.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security