Author Topic: Avast Splash screen at keeps crashing  (Read 14908 times)

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: Avast Splash screen at keeps crashing
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 02:20:56 AM »
Try uninstalling it in Safe mode
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Mjolnir07

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
Uninstalling and Reinstalling has been no help, I'm afraid, nor has repairing it or removing all other fragments of Antivirus programs. I think it's just incompatible with some vista systems.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
avast is fully compatible with Vista in any system...
I think remains of Norton (or whichever other antivirus you had) are messing the computer.
The best things in life are free.

Mjolnir07

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 04:24:25 AM »
Not to seem like an ingrate. but that's not it. There isn't even a thought floating about my computer over Norton or any other antivirus program. This is a serious bug. I wish Avast would either look into it or give those of us with this problem our money back.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 04:45:35 AM »
Hi there Mjolnir07 and husskii

Neither of you have provided any kind of substantive data to shed more light on your problems.
Even a HiJackThis log would provide some indication of whether Avast engine sits proper with your operating system, devices and contributing software. What about MBAM scan and attach log to reply post? What is Avast telling you - right-clik 'a' icon in tray at bottom right-hand corner of screen, and choose 'avast! Log Viewer'. Check errors.

The replies you are recieving from the forum are only as much as you can expect. Please provide some solid information.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:12:02 AM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Mjolnir07

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »
Please forgive my tenacity, I assure that my frustration is directed at Avast and not those of you attempting of your own accord to assist in finding a solution out of personal generosity. Avast themselves have instructed I and perhaps others to do the very same things that are detailed here by users of this forum, my tone has been less than pleasant as a result and I beg many pardons.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:16:44 PM, on 6/1/2009
Platform: Windows Vista  (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16830)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

ashDisp.exe, ashServ.exe, aswUpdSv.exe are all running in the clear, the error occurs when attempting to "start avast!" from the 'a' icon in the task bar. Here's a picture: http://pics.livejournal.com/odin88/pic/00016ge3/s640x480

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »
I hate to be a bother, but it really doesn't look like you posted an entire HJT log.  You can actually attach the log file in it's ".txt" format on the forum so that we can download and analyze it.

Just click, "Additional Options" when you are creating your next post, click the browse button and double-click on your HJT log.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Mjolnir07

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 03:26:58 AM »
I hate to bother in return, but I have a scant few processes on the ignorelist and they have little or nothing to do with Avast. Are you trolling here just to try to make me out to be retarded man? I attached the whole unignored list to this message. You can keep your help though brother, the last thing I came to this message board for was another person to paint me into a whiny child. That's exactly what Avast support did.

I really don't mean to sound like an ingrate, but it seems like your purpose here is to stand around pretending to have some worthwhile knowledge on the subject just waiting for an opportunity to call me a fool. Forget this, forget avast, I'll bite the money I wasted on it and speak not another word about it.

Good evening.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 03:45:05 AM »
He is trying to help you with your problem.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

onlysomeone

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 11:21:34 AM »
Hi Mjolnir07!

Do you have a HP PC?

Did you already run Malwarebytes Antimalware and/or Superantispyware?

yours
onlysomeone

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
I hate to bother in return, but I have a scant few processes on the ignorelist and they have little or nothing to do with Avast. Are you trolling here just to try to make me out to be retarded man? I attached the whole unignored list to this message. You can keep your help though brother, the last thing I came to this message board for was another person to paint me into a whiny child. That's exactly what Avast support did.
<snip>

Your HJT log is without doubt the shortest I have seen in these forums and that is I believe why scythe944 mentioned it in the first place, no other reason.

Whilst Vista HJT logs are smaller than XPs for instance, this is still very small, this could be as a result of an undetected/hidden process blocking much of HJTs digging.

So the suggestion to run the other programs is well worth the trouble, for peace of mind if nothing else. Though I have to say it is strange if it only presented itself in this way conflicting with the splash screen causing a crash.

I don't use the pro version, but can you not disable the splash screen (which I think is related to the Script Blocker) and see if that makes any difference.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
Jeez... I was just trying to help.  I'm not trying to call anyone a fool, but seriously bro, that log is small!  I'll waste my time elsewhere I guess...
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Wolfeen

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
Ok so I have the same. It started yesterday. While I was surfing in the net avast reported me some dangerous stuff on page and block it. After it my Vista report that gui crash and stop working.
I tried to reinstall Avast and now alway got Splash stop working while run gui from avast.
After crash in:

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log

it's create files - for example:

unp79619576.tmp.mdmp

In log I found Splash screen crashes after reports this:

Code: [Select]
2009-06-22 21:58:11 SYSTEM 1608 Sign of "HTML:Iframe-inf" has been found in "http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2008-06-22/menue_lotr866.jpg\{gzip}" file. 
2009-06-22 21:58:13 SYSTEM 1608 Sign of "HTML:Iframe-inf" has been found in "http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2008-06-14/y1pA5_7nYF9X0Pr4EAHxa04aCmxPBJl1NPSM36TTSPLwNKUOnnCUYjk4CZ1_iVtqDl6iZVBEtDzf8o.jpg\{gzip}" file. 

I scan my PC with SpyBot and AVG and nothing was found. I wanna return to Avast but always got it spot working.

Anybody help?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
Wolfeen, welcome to forums.
Why do you think the avast detection is wrong and AVG is correct?
The best things in life are free.

Wolfeen

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »
Hi,
I do not think that way but after crash as I wrote above I can not scan my PC with avast (so I installed AVG to test if my PC was infected).

Any comments about crashes?
I found also when I open My computer and use Scan drive C:\ I got dialog avast! Shell Extension Scanner stop working. The same as I am trying to run avast from tray.

BTW: I reinstall Windows Vista (SP2) and install Avast Home - updated defs and go to page with pictures as I mentioned above and Avast reported:

Sign of "HTML:Iframe-inf" has been found in "http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2008-06-22/menue_lotr866.jpg\{gzip}" file.  
Sign of "HTML:Iframe-inf" has been found in "http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2008-06-14/y1pA5_7nYF9X0Pr4EAHxa04aCmxPBJl1NPSM36TTSPLwNKUOnnCUYjk4CZ1_iVtqDl6iZVBEtDzf8o.jpg\{gzip}" file.  

and crash again. Nothing was done more only new copy of windows  and last version of avast.

Help please.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:15:18 AM by Wolfeen »