Author Topic: what is it the download page of avast DNM?  (Read 5150 times)

marco1981

what is it the download page of avast DNM?
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »
hallo!

I have a problem with avast DNM. I have ISA server installed on the server and I should make a  new rule for updating the mirror.
I need the list of html page (used by avast for the update) for creating a specific rule.
In this moment I have created a rule with no bond (all destination ammisible) but I prefer make a rule with more bond (it's more safety).

it's possible?

bye Marco

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: what is it the download page of avast DNM?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »
Well I don't use the server version but for the home/pro updates, they use hundreds of update servers contained in the servers.def file. So if this is the same for the DNM then it would be very hard to create a rule as there isn't like a single IP range that you could use.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:38:26 AM »
DNM?  Are you using the Avast ISA Server edition?

As DavidR stated, there are many update servers, so yes, adding them all would be quite a nightmare.  I doubt that this has to be done, as I'm sure that there are many people that use Avast with an ISA server.

Unfortunately, I don't, so I can't help much further.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

marco1981

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »
ok ! I have found the servers.def file. at this point the problem is another, how many times this file change during the year?
I can insert the IP adress in my ISA Rule with about 1 hour. but if the server's list change I have a  great problem!
there is anybody that can help me?
Bye Marco

P.S. sorry for my english, I have a little problem with the preposition! 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:29:38 PM »
Frequently, as new servers are added to ensure there enough servers for the anticipated updates.

Are you not able to create a general rule for port 80 and avast.setup as that is the process that would be doing the updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »
That would be a better idea...
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum