Author Topic: configure Avast to boot run on every reboot  (Read 9099 times)

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: configure Avast to boot run on every reboot
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
Sharon, boot time scans don't generally have to be run unless you get something on your computer that can't be removed while the system is running.

Boot time scans can remove more pesky viruses, because it removes them before they get a chance to run.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

BruisedGhost

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
I told him that a boot run was pointless and would take to much time, network resources, and would be costly for those reasons and that a quick scan was more than ample and the asshole fired me.

wow... you serious?

I doubt you'd want to work for someone like that anyway though.  Hope you find something quick, I haven't seen many I.T. Jobs around that don't require Masters degrees, 25 years experience, etc.

Quite serious,  I couldn believe it.  I told him that he had hired me as a professional in my field and that I knew what I was talking about, apparently he knows more about network security than I do </sarcasm>.  Even if he offered me my job back I would probably tell him to go f--- himself. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 10:50:20 PM »
It would be quite easy I guess to sue him for unfair dismissal if he is saying it is your fault that this problem which pre-dates your arrival, document everything possibly type it. Get some money out of the sad **** to tide you over until you find a new post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 11:59:15 PM »
You should offer to put everything back exactly as it was, AVG, old definitions, and malware included.  ;)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 12:14:07 AM »
You should offer to put everything back exactly as it was, AVG, old definitions, and malware included.  ;)
I like this :)
The best things in life are free.

BruisedGhost

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 12:18:49 AM »
I like this :)

agreed, no I have my own level of revenge.  It turns out that all of the software on the network (including XP) was pirated and authorized by the owner of the company to pirate it because he wanted to save cash.  We are talking about a 300+ node network loaded with illegal software (XP, adobe suite, office suite, deep freeze...).  Normally I could care less about that but I cant pass up an opportunity like that. 

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 12:26:33 AM »
Oh, nice. So his "ass-hole-ness" extends to quite a bit more than the way he treats folk.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is fairly interested to read how this is going to pan out!
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29:23 AM »

even tho I am writing this in the wrong spot. I just learn a lot from  reading the post's above and if some one would tell me where to write a new question? I sure would like to get some answer's and would like to know if this is the right handler name for this forum I tried to register at his site and did but for a few reason I thing I could not log in. scythe944 would you please tell me where to talk to you about that problem. then I could get a lot of my other question answered. thanks Sharon sham1313 :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »
if some one would tell me where to write a new question?
The best things in life are free.