Author Topic: SBS2008 and avastServer 4.8  (Read 4288 times)

SYACS

SBS2008 and avastServer 4.8
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:28:12 PM »
Hi

I have installed the Avast server edition on my SBS2008 twice now, and both times it says that it loaded correctly and the machine reboots.  Once you have logged on the deployment wizard runs.  I have a question and a problem?

Question is if you tell the software to load the demo license during install, which plugins should be loaded.  Only exchange 2007 is loaded.

Problem.  After completing the deployment wizard and everything appears normal.  But when you restart the machine the deployment wizard runs again (which the information you entered on the 1st time preloaded).  How do you fix this.

Please help asap.

Thank you
Regards
SYACS
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:41:48 AM by SYACS »

semu05

Re: SBS2008 and avastServer 4.8
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »
Hi,
I have a similar problem. Each and every time we log in to the SBS2008 server the Server Deployment Wizard runs if you select next at each window and then finish all but On-Access Protection' providers are stopped. If we then start them all and log out and log in again the wizard appears again. If we select 'Cancel' all the previous settings/providers continue to run.

Why does the wizard run each time we login?

Can we stop this and how do we ensure it has remembered our settings?

We are running this as a demo for a client with the hope of them purchasing very soon, however this is putting them off.

Regards

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »
Hi,

this is something that I don't checked in Windows Server 2008 but it works on Vista:

When you start the server go to: Start -> All programs -> avast! Server -> Deployment Wizard (but click right and "run as"... Administrator or another administrator user).

I think that there is a "problem" with the UAC.

SYACS

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
Thank you edj.  That did fix the problem.