Author Topic: ADNM bugs and possible bugs  (Read 4552 times)

wpn

ADNM bugs and possible bugs
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »
Hi

Im trying to get reporting done with ADNM and i found some quircks

1) im running the standard coverage report. The report is generated succesful and when i check the OS Type
    for my Vista Business 64Bit but it is left empty.
    This is for the PDF as well as the internal report (when u choose not to export to pdf)

2) when i try to set a destination for the reports on a netwerk drive (either by UNC path or a mapped drive) the
    reports fail to run succesful.
    When i try to export them to a mapped drive i get the notification:  The system cannot find the path specified
    When i try to export them to an UNC path i get the notification:  Access Denied

both notifications are incorrect, i can access the mapped drive from the machine where the ADNM runs on without problems and create files
i can also access the unc path to that same folder as where i want to save the reports as mapped drive and also can create files in there under the same username as ADNM runs on

so the rights and paths are correct, except ADNM cant recognise it

edit: for the record, exporting to pdf to a local disk works fine

When i try to send an email for mail support from the ADNM console which i run on my Vista Business 64 Bit laptop it opens a new mail for me with this text:
Microsoft Windows LonghornProfessional (Build 6001) Service Pack 1 .....

I know Vista was known as longhorn but i believe that this name has changed now its a production version
(i might be wrong with this point tho)

edit 2:
changed the title from  ADNM reporting bugs and mail support "bug"  to  ADNM bugs and possible bugs
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:05:19 PM by wpn »

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re: ADNM reporting bugs and mail support "bug"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:01 AM »
Hello,

1) Vista is unfortunately not yet covered by the reports. We will fix it in the next release.

2) Reports are generated from within the 'avast! Management Server' service that runs under System account by default and thus cannot access network drives. You can change the log on settings of the service, I think it is able to run under administrator account.

wpn

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
thnx for the answers

1) can you when will this new release be, and will windows 7 be supported with it too? Since that is comming out this year and i am goin to setup a new domain later this year and planning on adopting windows 7, skipping Vista for my normal users.

2) can you tell me which rights the Management Server exactly needs so i can create a domain service account for it with just enough rights to run the AMS and write reports to the central spot on the network?

If not possible i could find a solution possibly by using DFS in which i share the local report folder and include that folder in the dfs root so my reports are still accessible from 1 spot on the network....

wpn

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
maybe someone knows the answers on the 2 questions i posted above?

another thing i would like to see as a bug:  in the ADNM on the client side tasks thre is the full written days and months from the tasks that have been ran and currently running.... i have only english installed in the AMS yet the days and months that are written by name come in my local language....

please correct this by letting me choose english or local locale