Author Topic: Amazing double troubles.  (Read 2215 times)

algasys

Amazing double troubles.
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Hello Everybody,

I never have had this "errors" since I use Avast Pro...

Firstly I always install the update as they are available. The more important trouble I get now concern Zone Alarm Pro. I use Avast since a lot of years and never, never, avast claim about this firewall!

Now I have this Msgr:

spyware0.XML C:\windows\\system32\Zonelabs\updates\unpacked==anti_spyware=SpywareDatabase-80_Patch.zip....  Win32:Sytro-AB[Wrm]

Naturally I am absolutely confident in my Firewall I also use from a long while!!  8-))

The second error is: I am not able to "email" from chest!!! Nevertheless I already done that!!

Actually ZA seems to work normally??? and Avast too.

May I have your opinion, Support men?

Thank you in advance.

Alain

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Amazing double troubles.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
Looks like it could be unencrypted signatures in the ZA update, not very good, signatures should be encrypted so other security applications don't detect them.

What exactly are you trying to email from the chest ?
What do you mean unable to email from the chest, what happens, what errors, etc.

This functionality has recently changes where although there is a link to email it isn't actually emailed but uploaded. You would however, get a pop-up form to complete.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

algasys

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »
Looks like it could be unencrypted signatures in the ZA update, not very good, signatures should be encrypted so other security applications don't detect them.

OK, I'll tell it to Zone Labs.

What exactly are you trying to email from the chest ?
What do you mean unable to email from the chest, what happens, what errors, etc.

This functionality has recently changes where although there is a link to email it isn't actually emailed but uploaded. You would however, get a pop-up form to complete.

When we save an infected file inside the chest there is a possibility to choice to send it to avast support. When I have clicked this choice nothing happends. No screen, no action, nothing at all

Thank you for your help.

Alain

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »
I don't know why you aren't getting the form pop up (see image extract) when you click that option, but there have been occasions where things have been blocked by another AV or remnants.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. Though I'm not to confident that will make any difference as I think this is more likely to be some sort of conflict.

Now I really haven't a clue what comes with the ZA Pro suite (haven't used ZA in many years and even then only the free version), if there is an AV element (or even if the anti-spyware element of ZA) I would suggest first disabling it and see if that works.

You can of course use the old method of actually emailing it.
Send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with the password in email body, a link to this topic might help and false positive/undetected malware (etc.) in the subject.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security