Author Topic: I wrote my last post to soon about avast.  (Read 5614 times)

sham1313

I wrote my last post to soon about avast.
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:38 AM »
Now that I can see new questions I will 1st thing in the morning ask a few of them. most of them have to do with the main menu and what each the free one will do and not. the last one before avast was antiviruspro and was told that it was a big problem. I had a sick computer and it got much worse. they told me about this site. I have a virus fee computer and want to buy avast scanner in a month or two when I get a refund from the antivirus pro that was suppose to be a virus scanner and was not. thanks Sharon sham1313 :-*

sham1313

Re: I wrote my last post to soon about avast.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:42:49 AM »
I am in to much of a hurry to get to bed and for got to ask the moderator if he can help me get into my account at your new site. Sharon sham1313 ;)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:03:25 AM »
Hi Sham1313. I guess you worked out how to start a new topic.
Do you have Avast Home installed?
I see you have asked a few questions about it around the forum here, if you have something specific to ask, in this thread is probably a good place.
The program help files will probably help you answer a lot of the questions you have. Have you looked there, yet?
Regds, Tarq.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »
yes I do have some questions, but 1st I am trying to get a hold of this moderator name scythe944. I hope I copy pasted the right name. he has a new site on helping with avast and no matter what  I do I can not log in. i register and did not fill out about the question that you could get your password. I did not see it, it let me register any way. I no J had the right password, but tried to change the password of corse

sham1313

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »
yes I do have some questions, but 1st I am trying to get a hold of this moderator name scythe944. I hope I copy pasted the right name. he has a new site on helping with avast and no matter what  I do I can not log in. i register and did not fill out about the question that you could get your password. I did not see it, it let me register any way. I no J had the right password, but tried to change the password of corse I did not fill out about the question so I could not do that

sham1313

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
for give me I will do this on a note pad 1si and will explane what has happen here sorry thanks sharon sham1313

sham1313

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »
I will explane after I write this on a notepad 1st Sharon sham1313

sham1313

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »

I am doing this kind of in the dark my husband don't like a lot of lights on this early and I don't want to wakes our birds or dogs.  I thing you get a idea about the moderator I  like to get a message to him and have his help getting into my account on his new site. can you get a hold of him and relay that message to him Please? now I have not use a scanner set up this way. I am using the free version of avast at home. till I can afford to pay for it.  this is the 2nd year I have done any thing with a computer sense 2004. I started computer in 1999 and in 2004 I got real sick. last year my husbands old computer went out on him and mine did not work either. he brought home a new computer put it in my lap and said please sent this computer up. I was not very good with computers any way and a lot has change sense then. now I have not use a scanner set up this way. I am using the free version of avast till I can afford to pay for it.   I was not very good with computers any way and a lot has change sense then. I know there is not much that goes with the free version but it sure help getting rid of all the virus's I had. you said with the free version it does not keep a log, so maybe the log viewer that I  click on from the main menu is where it would be kept. is that right? now I  also see virus chest. it is grey so i may not be able to see if it fines a virus. where or how  will I know if it fine a virus. when I 1st use it I did not know how to check any thing so windows live had be use superantispyware after I use it. some times they say to either use the malware or the spyblaster after I used avast scanner again. when they found no more infection I new avast had got rid of the virus's for me. can you just tell me what would be useful in learning how to use it right? here is a big question now. most of the time when I click on the  big menu and go to where you can click on local disk then I click the menu and in the same area as local disk I click on folders. then I either click the big menu again and click start. some times I just click enter. am I doing that right? or am I goofing up and doing 2 scans at one time. most of the times it takes over 2 hours to do. I think after I get your next post I will be able to make sure our computer stay free of virus's. there was one more question was going to ask but my husband African woke up and he is very loud, I  need to hand him part of a seed stick to satisfied him for awhile. my BF Amazon is very quite 98% of he time. the only time he get loud is when he laughs.  thanks Sharon  sham1313

sham1313

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »
I sure made a lot of goof in my post witch was just suppose to be one. I well make sure to right every thing I am going to say on a note pad 1st and proof read it more. I know I did some repeating. I well also put ? marks and not period after each questions. I am 54 now and I really kick my self for not finishing school. I will do better next time. thanks Sharon sham1313 ::)

YoKenny

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 04:46:12 PM »
Sharon, I see that you are learning rapidly but one of the things the has been implemented here is the ability modify your profile until you get to 20 posts as there have been spammers here in the past that post false information and then modify their profile to look as if they did not do anything.

I'm not sure I am explaining this correctly but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out.

sham1313

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 05:34:39 PM »
      I think I know what you mean is there way of making sure I am talking to a modertor. if you need to tell me bye email instead of here you can just use the one I sign up with. I hope I was talking to a modertor yesterday and a bit early I have att now and will be doing clothes I will come back a few times just don't know when. thanks Sharon sham1313

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
Moderators are usually Alwil staff (the makers of avast) and their Profile information to the left of their posts are usually annotated as Moderators. On the forums home page where you have the list of different forums it usually lists the Moderators for each forum.

The exception seems to be this one but, Igor and Vlk are moderators in several of the forums and frequent contributors in this one.

I honestly don't know what the problem is or if it is one that requires the input of one of the moderators as you haven't clearly stated what it is you need. There is no new site, this is the only official avast antivirus support forum.

Anywhere else you have visited isn't an official avast site, what is the URL of this new site then ?
I think you may be talking at cross purposes and someone who may also be an avast user and on these forums also has their own forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 06:38:25 PM »
I think she's getting mixed up!  I saw that she signed up for my forum (see my sig) and she thinks that I'm the moderator of Avast's forum.

Sharon, I have my own PERSONAL forum, that looks exactly the same as Avast's.

It is in NO WAY affiliated with Avast though.

I'm just running it because I'm willing to help others with "regular" computer problems.  Not for Avast Problems.

If you need help on MY forum, I'm the one to talk to. If you need help here, I will not be able to help in anyway, other than with questions about avast!
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

sham1313

Re: I wrote my last post to soon about avast. Iam sorry!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:40 PM »
 :o I need to say I am sorry to YoKenny and scythe944 some times my brain I think takes a vac. you both are a help. I just get lost on this site trying to figure out how to get started and fine all my questions that i have ask. I do need to understand this site a bit more. I did not have this much trouble with windows live although I did write a virus question in the windows vista section. I was part right. my computer has windows vista, but I should have wrote in in the virus forum. I do need answer from any one that has to do Like I mention before about when I click the main menu and and put a check mark by local disk and click the menu again and put a check mark by folders. then either hit enter or click the main menu one more time to start the scan. is that right? or am I starting 2 scan at one time. thanks to both YoKenny and scythe944  and want to say I am sorry one more time.
Sharon sham1313

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
You basically only need to do one or the other.  Checking the box next to "Local Disk" Scans the entire hard drive(s).  Checking the "Folder" option, is for only scanning a certain part of the Disk (for example, you just want to scan a single folder on the hard drive).

Yes, selecting both at the same time would be redundant.

I hope that helps, and you're welcome.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum