Author Topic: I wrote my last post to soon about avast.  (Read 5610 times)

sham1313

Re: I wrote my last post to soon about avast.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
Thanks I need to do a few other things and get my other question wrote out on paper 1st I will do it that way today so my BF amazon parrot can be by me and on me for the special few min. i need to save for just him. i do have this figure out now how to start a new question and reply to the ones I like to. I will thank you both one more time. when it comes to this computer i no just enough to keep it going most of the time. Sharon  sham1313

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Sharon, don't worry about being new to the forum and unsure how to best use it. You'll pick it up. The forum "help" button, near the top left of the page will open a help page that will probably answer most of your forum - related questions.
The Avast main menu also has a help button, the help menu is pretty good. Anything you need clarification with, just ask.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
     I just want to make sure you know I got a better look at your page and some times I try to rush threw the things I want to do, because of so many things my husband want be to look up for him so it is easier on him. my husband went to the 12th grade I made it threw the 9th and got started in the 10th. he said I still was more skilled at the computer them him. :)
     on the bottom right side button where you click to scan selected folders. how necessary is it to mark all the box or just ones you thing might have been infected? the virus scanner's I have use to is you only had to choice's one complete  and a basic scan. this maybe the last guestion on the menu's. I do plan on going back and trying your web site again. I will also be glad at any of my guestions that Will becoming in the future about avast and i thank you for the ones you have already answered.  I seem to get enough from certain places like this and windows life so the computer does not need to be fixed.by taken the computer in or sending it some where for repair. right now it is still under warranty
Thanks Sharon sham1313

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
on the bottom right side button where you click to scan selected folders. how necessary is it to mark all the box or just ones you thing might have been infected? the virus scanner's I have use to is you only had to choice's one complete  and a basic scan.

Well the whole purpose of the folder selection option is to offer the ability of scanning specific folders you want.

Keep in mind that this should not be a safety net. You have to do say at the end of each week a complete scan.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

YoKenny

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 01:11:26 AM »
No need to be sorry Sharon as not all forums use the same software and act differently so learn to read a lot and take advantage of Search as it will search the forum for words longer than 4 characters and use tabs in IE as they help a lot to be able to see multiple things quickly when used with Google that is my homepage. 

I often wonder where homeless people have their homepages?