Author Topic: Nortin, AVG. and avast.  (Read 16676 times)

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Nortin, AVG. and avast.
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
when they have ask for my model number and the rest of the numbers on the bottom of my computer when i 1st join them close to a year ago they ask me to send these numbers a few times so they could help me. was it wrong for me to send them that information?

It depends on what "numbers" you gave out.  The model of the computer is fine to give out to people that are trying to help, but I think it would only help on hardware questions.  I wouldn't give out the Windows CD Key license though.

Serial number probably wouldn't be needed by anyone except for whoever made the computer (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.), so I wouldn't give that info out either.  Not really bad if you did, but it's not necessary.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Spiritsongs

Spywareblaster "Tutorial"
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »
 :)  Hi Sharon :

In case you may be interested, there is a "Tutorial" for Spywareblaster from
 Javacoolsoftware at www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial49.html .

sham1313

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 08:09:56 PM »
about any one that is a teg and helping me. should only need the model number, but don't give out the serial or the product number. I new for sure not to give out password any one would know that.  I never  would give out the Windows CD Key license       though i have on time give out 1 time the serial product no. i hope that big misstake i made lets some one to do any harm to my coomputer. I wish i would have know this a long time ago. thanks for your time and reply.
Sharon  sham1313

sham1313

Re: Spywareblaster "Tutorial"
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 02:38:25 AM »
yes i have that url and from time to time i look at and read. i can understand some of it. i will continu to study that page and 2 or 3 other that i have. i will the part about spyblaster as well

thank you
Sharon sham1313

:)  Hi Sharon :

In case you may be interested, there is a "Tutorial" for Spywareblaster from
 Javacoolsoftware at www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial49.html .

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 03:00:36 AM »
There was a new post, as the email message advised you. It was #28, back one page, immediately above your post. The one that says, "Yes, your email is now hidden :)"
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:00:41 AM »
yes I know my email is hidden now
Sharon sham1313

There was a new post, as the email message advised you. It was #28, back one page, immediately above your post. The one that says, "Yes, your email is now hidden :)"

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:19 AM »
Never mind. ???
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »
Thank you. Sharon sham1313

when they have ask for my model number and the rest of the numbers on the bottom of my computer when i 1st join them close to a year ago they ask me to send these numbers a few times so they could help me. was it wrong for me to send them that information?

It depends on what "numbers" you gave out.  The model of the computer is fine to give out to people that are trying to help, but I think it would only help on hardware questions.  I wouldn't give out the Windows CD Key license though.

Serial number probably wouldn't be needed by anyone except for whoever made the computer (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.), so I wouldn't give that info out either.  Not really bad if you did, but it's not necessary.

sham1313

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 04:14:25 AM »
    I am sorry for having to write you again. I think I am have trouble because I am not sure what every thing is that I need to fill out. I do not need another what I need it look like I am to put user Handel  I am having trouble explaining at the bottom it says to put the code if I have it. I do have but it wants a new email address and the old password. witch the password is not old it is new I am just not sure how to do that part of it. I may in the morning get a new code because I am registered and right down all I see there then send what I am not sure because of certain things. I don't know if you understand or not. be back in the morning Sharon sham1313