Author Topic: RBS critical of AV detection rate..  (Read 3156 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
RBS critical of AV detection rate..
« on: April 23, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi malware fighters,

RBS is critical of AV solutions detection rate, re: http://www.sophos.com/blogs/gc/g/2009/04/22/rbs-rapport-oitc-antivirus-test-results/
Have you followed this news, and what is your opinion?
Is this just a pub discussion over a few beers, or has this report any substance?

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

CharleyO

Re: RBS critical of AV detection rate..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »

That report seems to be a whole lot of crap to me.    ::)

I never thought much of RBS in the past and this does not help their image at all with me.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »
They should look after the mess their Bank is in and leave the security aspects to those that are best able to know what they are doing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:36:31 AM »
They should look after the mess their Bank is in and leave the security aspects to those that are best able to know what they are doing.

Is this just a pub discussion over a few beers, or has this report any substance?

I will of course, talk about it over a few beers though.  Who's buying?!  Sorry, I'm getting silly now, guess I should hit the hay.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »

I will of course, talk about it over a few beers though.  Who's buying?!  Sorry, I'm getting silly now, guess I should hit the hay.

I'll buy but you have to come here on Thursday eve as I am getting together with a couple of old friends to discuss life, divorce lawyers and and mischief we got into.

I had nothing to do with the Bank fiasco.