Author Topic: Startup items  (Read 2564 times)

ilker

Startup items
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:45:55 AM »
Hi guys. I bought acer aspire 6530g and i uninstalled some unnecessary software which comes with factory default. In the picture you will see the softwares i will use but which items should i disable from startup? I need your opinion and help.

Many thanks
ilker 

mevcit

Re: Startup items
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
Hi İlker.

Personally i disable all the startup items but the ones of security programs and the touchpad application. And i also did the same thing on an Acer pc and there was no problem. But you may consider to keep the first three items and -of course- Avast enabled.

I don't know what touchpad application is used on your pc. I use Synaptics toucpad. While its startup application is enabled, i can use some functions of my touchpad. So, for me, it is important to keep it enabled at startup.

Enjoy your new pc. ;D Btw, it has been a long time since we last talked, i hope you're doing good. :-*

Edit: I didn't see the second picture. Hmm, you should use Windows Defender i think (it is not listed in my startup application list though). Apart from that, i mean ePower, eDataSecurity and eAudio management by "the first three items". And as far as i see in the second pic, you use Synaptics toucpad. So i suggest you to keep it enabled. imo, the others are unnecessary.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:44:16 AM by mevcit »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
-= Well, in my PC I disabled ATI Control Center and Realtek Control Center since they're just taskbar shortcuts and a right click desktop context menu item.. By the way, they are unnecessary for me but, you might probably need those stuffs..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

ilker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
Thank you so much my friends for your help

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
My suggestion would be to use the items that are configured to start, just the way it is now.
After using the computer for a few hours or days, you will have a good idea if any of them actually improve its function and the way you want to use it, and by how much, or whether (as is very often the case) some of them turn out to be "eye candy", with not much extra function incorporated.
Then try using the computer with items progressively disabled, and you're in a position to make a decision what to do without.

I don't have a brand name computer, like an Acer or Dell, I had this one built, but it would seem to me that the reason a lot of these items exist is to promote the brand to the user, and 99% of users are probably ignorant that there might be a more efficient or faster way of achieving the same thing.

Personally, I don't think you need any of them, except for security apps, and I'd uninstall the lot.
It's up to you.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.