Author Topic: WHY IS AVEST LINKED TO YAHOO!!!! HELP!!!!!  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
Re: WHY IS AVEST LINKED TO YAHOO!!!! HELP!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »
oh no! IE 8 is not beta anymore, the final version is released. you can download and use it safe.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

puter illit

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
oh no! IE 8 is not beta anymore, the final version is released. you can download and use it safe.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

K thanks, I can go to the windows update page and download it from there. But do you think it will correct the Yahoo corruption via IE 7 or simply extend it to IE 8. In other words will it wipe out all of IE 7 and replace it with IE 8?????

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »
K thanks, I can go to the windows update page and download it from there. But do you think it will correct the Yahoo corruption via IE 7 or simply extend it to IE 8. In other words will it wipe out all of IE 7 and replace it with IE 8?????
well, IE 8 would replace many files and maybe fix the problem, I'm not using your computer at this moment to check all the critical area to make sure, but I hope it fix the problem, but but!!
please use that Avira disc before anything else to make sure it's not kind of infection and then update your browser.

Good Luck!

puter illit

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »
well, IE 8 would replace many files and maybe fix the problem, I'm not using your computer at this moment to check all the critical area to make sure, but I hope it fix the problem, but but!!
please use that Avira disc before anything else to make sure it's not kind of infection and then update your browser.

Good Luck!

1 last question as you seem to be familiar with Avira. I'm running 2 OS Vista/XP Pro. rarely on Vista but I cannot boot into safe mode to XP.  So I'm a bit confused to how to use the program your suggesting, So Do I just reboot normally to XP? OR and I realize it might not be as effective just run it without saving it or running it from the DVD? And was the link you gave me for
Windows?

Thanks for all your suggestions :-*

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »
dear friend,

the link that I gave you, is a link to program that write itself to a blank disc, and would create a bootable disc that allow you to boot your computer using this disc, and not any of your windows.

it would boot  your computer using it own OS and allow you to scan for virus and remove any locked file and... :)

it would not install in your computer and can be used for computer without OS too.

puter illit

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 05:55:46 PM »
dear friend,

the link that I gave you, is a link to program that write itself to a blank disc, and would create a bootable disc that allow you to boot your computer using this disc, and not any of your windows.

it would boot  your computer using it own OS and allow you to scan for virus and remove any locked file and... :)

it would not install in your computer and can be used for computer without OS too.

Again can't thank you enough for your assistance  8), as I am not techie I get nervious doing things I'm unfamilair with. Have a great Day will let you know how it works out ;)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
you are welcome for everything, I hope it help you.  :)

puter illit

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 01:39:43 AM »
you are welcome for everything, I hope it help you.  :)

Just wanted to update U & everyone :) Seems my tech never installed the DVD Burn software when he config the lap so I couldn't burn the DVD from Avira so I took lap over to Best Buy today, they ran a check (free) ;) ;D everything cleared with flying colors 8) No Virus's or Malware ;) They did have a problem reproducing the Yahoo cookie warning on cnet, so my & their best quess is that when I removed that Yahoo companion from Hjackthis that might have eliminated whatever was on my machine. They did have a problem linking from avast site to cNet though (that was a first). But puter seem to be finally behaving itself, atleast for now ;D. Don't know if it's something they did or I did but doesn't really matter, All is quite now.

Again thanks for all your help & support. Avast Rocks :-* :-* :-*