Author Topic: Avast 4.8 Home Email Scanner  (Read 3578 times)

bigpapa95843

Avast 4.8 Home Email Scanner
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:51 PM »
Starting this morning, I opened up my Microsoft Outlook and kept getting the following error message while Avast was scanning each of my emails:

Cannot scan the message body. Error code is 80004004.  Unspecified error in AAVM module.  AavmCheckFile failed.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 4.8 Home Email Scanner
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
First I would ensure that the avast plug-in within MS Outlook isn't disabled.

If enabled and running:
Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
To make sure the avast plugin is not disabled into MS Outlook:

Outlook 2007 > Tools > Trust center > Add-inns > Manage Disabled items.
Outlook 2003 > Help > About > Disabled items.
Outlook 2002 > Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled items.
Outlook 2000 > Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager.
The best things in life are free.

gene1938

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Yesterday, I replied to this request for help and due to my old age mis-spelled the device name. It is RestoreIT! Most computers of recent build already contain this device. RestoreIT! is the first item to activate at boot up. Consequently, any crashed system can be repaired in case boot up fails. As I write, I have no explanation for the Avast! 4.8 Home Email scanner error but, if you have RestoreIT! the problem can be fixed. All Windows hard drives are equipped with a "System Restore" but, RestoreIT! is different, exclusive unto itself. The principle is the same but much more efficient. With a crashed hard drive you cannot get to "System Restore" but the boot up will get to the stage containing a prompt to press the space bar to launch RestoreIT! just choose a date from the list where everything worked, the device requires about 20 minutes to do it's work. I'm an old geezer, not computer literate and I'll gladly vouch for RestoreIT!  Best of luck in your repair work.
    Gene