Author Topic: Bought Avast 4.8 1 & 1/2 year ago. I forgot the password.  (Read 6576 times)

Dennislyb

Bought Avast 4.8 1 & 1/2 year ago. I forgot the password.
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:43 AM »
Dear all,

Could anyone advice me where should I ask regarding forgotten password. Previously I registered under an email address name ""dennis@tri-steel.com.au"" but the email doesn not exist anymore as I resigned from the company. Please advice. Thank you.

I bought 3 years license. Kinda waste of $$ if I do not use it.

Please anyone. HELP???

Regards,
Dennis

onlysomeone

Re: Bought Avast 4.8 1 & 1/2 year ago. I forgot the password.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
Hi Dennislyb!

Please write an e-mail to sales (at) avast (dot) com

They can help you best :)

yours
onlysomeone

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Bought Avast 4.8 1 & 1/2 year ago. I forgot the password.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
I would also suggest that you modify your post and remove your email address from unless you are partial to s-p-a-m. The forums are publicly available and as such a spambot could harvest your email address.

What do you mean you forgot the password ?
If you set a password to protect your settings in avast then the only way to recover from that is to reinstall avast, you would obviously need access to your license key to insert after a reinstall.

Sales couldn't help you with that (forgotten password), but if you lost your licence key email, then yes they should be able to help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security