Author Topic: quick player and windows media  (Read 111125 times)

sham1313

quick player and windows media
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »
     I am not sure how to words this. I was a member of windows live for about 1 year,and they gave me the avast URL to ask question. I am sure I will have other question to ask about the avast scanner. now that I am a membe here will ask all my question here. I think it well be easier for me to ask all my question in one spot.
      one day I was doing a lot of updateing also 1 or 2 downloads. I am not sure if it happen then the trouble that I am having now. before I did all of that both the quickplayer & the windows media player worked right now they do not.
      after I did the last one witch was the quickplay witch is the one that would just start up on it own and played either a CD or a DVD. just where you have your mouse hovering. you see a tiny circle going round and round for a few seconds and stops. I have to click on the E drive to get it even doing that small amount. windows media would just do only that little bit too. later. I tried again. quickplay would only do that little bit again and windows media was a very very slow starter but it would start. it only played the sample tunes that came with the computer.  I will try to fine what information you might need. if

CharleyO

Re: quick player and windows media
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »

one day I was doing a lot of updateing also 1 or 2 downloads.

What was it that you downloaded? This could be relevant to the problems you are experiencing.

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:02:48 AM »

From your other post on the same subject :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=44788.msg375032#msg375032

What was it that you downloaded? This could be relevant to the problems you are experiencing.

sham1313

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:30:56 AM »
      I am sorry about the double post. I do a lot of writting  on a note pad and copy paste the one that I tried to correct before sending. I think what happen is I remember writting it  on the note pad just did not recall posting it. I will be more carefull. I am not very good at computer, so if I don't make sense let me know and will try to explain better. I was updating things like the 2 player mention here and AdobeAIRInstaller, adobe reader, acrobat. one of the things I downloaded was spywareBlaster and a couple of demo games from realarcade. one other thing I downloaded. adobe shockwave_installer but I did not install it. it was wanting me to use norton as security and I won't use that. also I was not sure if I needed it or not with the other adobe things that I do use on my computer. I still have just don't know if it would be some thing I should read more on to see if it was some thing I should or could use.
      when I went back to my desktop was just after updating both player. that is when I tried them and found out they were not working.  cannot recall if I wrote that quickplayer is the one that use to start right up and play if it was a CD or a DVD that
      I have wrote this part I am about to write here  in the avast scanner a few days ago. I am writing it again because I do not know if this could be part of the trouble I am having now with the players.  also during this time 3 icons that I did not put them on my desktop. two of them were called the same name witch is desktop. there is some difference in what they had in them when I click on  them and I can send that information if you want it. the 3rd was name call hs_err_pids. when I click on that one it said some kind of a Java scrip error. I can send you a small part of that to if you liked. it is very long. this part I am writing is new here. day before yesterday morning there was 1 more icon on my desktop  that 1 was is called itune witch I am very positive that I did not download that one. I do not know if it is another player like quick play or windows media. or if it was some thing different. I may not be able to get on the computer till 1st ting in the morning. thanks for your reply. I look for you in the morning Sharon sham1313
the itune. I don't know if that is a certain kind of music or if it was a new player like the quick player and windows media.

sham1313

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »

From your other post on the same subject :

I thought I have a reply bye now. I know I accidental startting the same post twice and when I replied to what did I download. I mention some thing from one of the 1st post I wrote. you may have thought I kind of double posted there. I mention it because I did not know if it had to do with the trouble I have with both player's now. My brother and his wife sent me a disk with my older brother being interview and talking about what he was doing in Vietnam  (not spelt right but I thing you know what I am trying to spell) it is about a 45 minutes long and I sure would like to watch it. if some one would help me just to get one of them working. I would be more then grateful. thanks Sharon sham1313

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=44788.msg375032#msg375032

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:39:11 AM »
Sharon,
Youi've been waiting for a reply.
The "helpers" have been waiting for you to say what you were downloading.
You still haven't said, even though you think you have.

What is needed for help to work is specific file names, the url of the download site, or at least the software manufacturers' name.
Telling us that you want to watch something about your brother in Vietnam unfortunately does not help with what files or file associations are misbehaving. Thousands of folk a day watch hundreds of clips on hundreds of different media players.

Hint: Don't try and spell a file name yourself, if that is a problem. Copy and paste it instead.
eg: QuickTimePlayer, not "quickplay". (If it is quicktime player, by Apple, that you mean. I think it is, but I don't know. It doesn't really matter, I just use it as an example.)

I have never known a shockwave installer to want anyone to use norton. What message did it come up with? This makes no sense at all.
I don't know if you need the adobe shockwave installer in addition to the other adobe thing, because you don't say what the other adobe thing is.

Do you see where I'm coming from, here?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 06:31:44 AM »

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/thankyou/

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html
 for a while I could not figure what you were asking for but I think I know so do not mine what some of this post says

I said in the post above  this is what I was downloading.
I downloaded this spywareBlaster and a couple of demo games from realarcade. one other thing I downloaded. adobe shockwave_installer but I did not install it. it was wanting me to use norton as security and I won't use that. also I was not sure if I needed it or not with the other adobe things that I do use on my computer. I copy pasted a couple of lines above. I re-red what I wrote and saw where I went wrong about the norton scanner. they say you can get a free norton security with your download. is shockwave some thing that has to do with CD or DVD.
I cannot come on again till in the morning but when I do I will send you the rest you need Sorry Sharon  sham1313 this is what I wrote before I knew what you needed till tomorry bye

I did mention about the 3 other Icon that I found on my desktop. if you were wanting what I found when I click on them I will send you all of what there when I click on them and there names are. the 1st and 2nd were call desktop yes both are the same, and the 3rd one name is hr_err_pid5...
-------------------------------
desktop  (1)
[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183
[LocalizedFileNames]
Backup and Restore Center.lnk=@%systemroot%\system32\brcpl.dll,-1
Windows Photo Gallery.lnk=@%ProgramFiles%\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoLibraryResources.dll,-1581
Windows Update.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\wucltux.dll,-1
Wordpad.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22069
Notepad.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22051
Windows Media Player.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\unregmp2.exe,-4
----------------------------
desktop (2)
[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799
--------------------------
now for a pease of the java scrip one that is name hr_err_pids

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d886078, pid=5512, tid=5108
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0_02-b06 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [jvm.dll+0xc6078]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

---------------  T H R E A D  ---------------

Current thread (0x18301c00):  JavaThread "Thread-3" [_thread_in_vm, id=5108]

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000

Registers:
EAX=0x00000000, EBX=0x00000000, ECX=0x00000006, EDX=0x00000004
ESP=0x193ff150, EBP=0x193ff198, ESI=0x18301cec, EDI=0x18301c00
EIP=0x6d886078, EFLAGS=0x00010246

Top of Stack: (sp=0x193ff150)
0x193ff150:   18301cec 18301cec 193ff198 00000000
0x193ff160:   18301c00 00000000 193ff198 00000000
0x193ff170:   67b8c3b5 18301cec 00000000 02e93150
0x193ff180:   67bca5fb 18301cec 00000000 18301c00
0x193ff190:   268a7fe8 268a7fe8 193ff1e0 2073a440
0x193ff1a0:   1844a500 193ff1e8 193ff1fc 193ff1f8
0x193ff1b0:   00000000 193ff1f0 00000000 26d9f828
0x193ff1c0:   193ff1c0 268a7fe8 193ff1fc 268a8200

Instructions: (pc=0x6d886078)
0x6d886068:   00 74 09 8d 4c 24 10 e8 ec 23 09 00 8b 44 24 28
0x6d886078:   8b 08 8b 51 04 8b 42 3c 50 56 e8 19 19 02 00 8b

Stack: [0x19300000,0x19400000),  sp=0x193ff150,  free space=1020k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
V  [jvm.dll+0xc6078]
j  com.opera.CertificateHandler.acceptCertificateChain([[BLcom/opera/CertificateHandler$SyncObject;Lcom/opera/CPointer;Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
j  com.opera.CertificateHandler.checkCertificates(Ljava/security/CodeSource;Lcom/opera/CPointer;)Z+149
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.allPermissionsGranted(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Z+18
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.getPermissions(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/security/PermissionCollection;+291
j  java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;+33
j  java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;[BIILjava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+24
j  java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+253
j  java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Ljava/net/URLClassLoader;Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+3
j  java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+43
v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  com.opera.CertificateHandler.acceptCertificateChain([[BLcom/opera/CertificateHandler$SyncObject;Lcom/opera/CPointer;Ljava/lang/String;)V+0
j  com.opera.CertificateHandler.checkCertificates(Ljava/security/CodeSource;Lcom/opera/CPointer;)Z+149
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.allPermissionsGranted(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Z+18
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.getPermissions(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/security/PermissionCollection;+291
j  java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(Ljava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;+33
j  java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;[BIILjava/security/CodeSource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+24
j  java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+253
j  java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Ljava/net/URLClassLoader;Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+3
j  java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+43
j  java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Ljava/security/PrivilegedExceptionAction;Ljava/security/AccessControlContext;)Ljava/lang/Object;+0
j  java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+13
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+113
j  java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+43
j  com.opera.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+97
j  java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+3
j  com.opera.AppletPanel.runLoaderThread()V+14
j  com.opera.AppletPanel.run()V+13
j  java.lang.Thread.run()V+11

---------------  P R O C E S S  ---------------

Java Threads: ( => current thread )
  0x18317000 JavaThread "Thread-4" [_thread_blocked, id=540]
=>0x18301c00 JavaThread "Thread-3" [_thread_in_vm, id=5108]
  0x18301400 JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-1" [_thread_blocked, id=4236]
-------------------------------
I am going to read your post again and see if I can figure out what file you are talking about. if I do figure it out I always copy paste things like that if they let me. it is the only way to make sure there are no error's there.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:17:05 AM »
What has the Java error log got to do with this? That has been addressed on two of your other threads.

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 07:43:46 AM »

Edited by me because I posted in the wrong thread.    ::)

I am sorry, Sharon, if you thought that was directed to you. I was ill with myself for posting in your thread while I was working on another thread. You see, I had 3 windows open to the avast forum and I mistakenly post info for another window in the window for your thread. Please accept my apology if you were offended.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:18:36 AM by CharleyO »

sham1313

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »
  http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/thankyou/
the above URL is where I have down loaded the shockwave. I thing you did ask for the URL that I did the downloading from.  I have not yet install the shockwave. don't know if it would be useful to me or not.  the two games I downloaded were from www.realarcade.com.

please bare with me! computer is very hard for me.  I did poorly in school I guess you can tell that by trying to read and understand my e-mail's.
      1st I will just say the only reason I told you about the 3 icon witch 2 are named desktop. yes both are the same name, one icon look like a peace of paper witch was the Java scrip error. the other two look like a big O that had ridges all the way around it. that  seem like it  happen about the same time as the player stops working.  what I am telling you now  there was another icon appeared on desktop named itunes that look like a silver record sense it is about music thought it may have to do with the subject were on. the icon appeared on my desktop when it had been on line all night two days ago. I don't have a clue why certain icons appeared on my desktop. some times the computer was on line all night. 
       I feel like  I'm stupid! I hope at least some of this is helpful. I could kick my self for not staying in school over 25 years ago. {smile} I am almost sure I know what information you want. I thought all I had to do was open windows media click on help then click on about media and that would be the information I"m looking for. I do not see a help just a media guide.
    my computer shut down at 4:34am this morning and turn it self back on.  in 3 weeks this computer has cashed 2 times. last night it cash again. I hope that is not a super bad sign but, if it is maybe you can help me there when I start a new question.
     I know this is a stupid way to do this but it is the only way I could think of that would show you where I'm looking at and  tell me if I am wrong. (I think I am looking in the right place) {smile} I am trying to smile any way and  hope you are too.) where the comas are is where one should be right under  each other.I wish you would tell me witch one to click on to get the information you need. under proberties  I  see "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1  then next I'm not sure if I should click on  any thing els here because if I click the wrong one some thing may want to install  or unstall something. that is why I am asking if you would tell me witch one to click to get information to you?
     now that I am under proberties and see windows media this is what I see witch one will show me the information I am looking for. 
mpvis.Dll, set_wn,wmlaunch, wnpband.dill, wmpcon,fig, wmpenc,wmplayer,wmpnetwk,wmpnscfg,wmpmscfg, wmpnssci.dill,wmprph, wmpshare,   WMPSideShowGadget,wmpsy,ncmgr.dll, wmssetupceb and wmssetup.dll

windows media 6.0    kb931621x86msu

I did fine this information. this part here is right. I have a windows vista version 6.0, service 1 architecture 32bit. memory(RAM) 3.00 GB system type  32bit. Product number dv6700 pavilion notebook. windows media application165kb
      I did fine out that quickplayer version 7.6 (472) quicktime (tm) version7.6 (1292)
     I am not sure if I sent you all of this but it is all in on his e spot.
     I thing quick player when you click on it. all it does is when your mouse is hoovering in one spot going round in circle for a few seconds and that all it does.

windowsmedia 6.0 KB 31621xmsu. I have spent a lot time on this I just hope it was worth it. if it is not hopefully you can lead me in the right direction. I hope you can read and understand this if not let me know what does not make sense and I will try again. I know you help a lot of people and I don't want to slow you down trying to explain things to me. if you feel for any reason that you can't help me any more. also if I do not understand  what should be done or how to do it. maybe hp can help. I don't like trying to do it on the phone because a lot of times I get here them. some times I can't hardly hear them.
     I sure hope this is helpful.
Sharon {sham1313}

Edited by me.    ::)

sham1313

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 02:00:32 AM »
       I  have a little bit of time now I am going to look an see if I fine any information on the windows media and the quickplayer. thanks Sharon H. :) ;D

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 02:20:18 AM »
Hi, I don't know exactly what to do here, but there are a couple of things you could try, and I'll try to explain why.

-Uninstall the realarcade software from your computer.
Reason: There are quite a lot of adverse (negative) reports about this software. It is possible that using it has somehow changed your computer settings. Right now it is the no. 1 suspect.

I'm not a native Vista speaker, so not sure if the following is how it works, but you could try it. (I know it works in XP>)
-Click "start", mouse over to "my computer", mouse over the drive that represents your DVD/CD drive, and right click it. The menu that appears is called a context menu. On it, click on "properties" In the window that will then appear, click on the "autoplay" tab near the top. From there you should be able to select what you want to happen each time a disk is inserted.

Hope that helps.
You've got more going on than I think is possible to diagnose and help, here, but it might help a bit.

CharleyO

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 06:19:26 AM »

I am sorry, Sharon, if you thought that was directed to you. I was ill with myself for posting in your thread while I was working on another thread. You see, I had 3 windows open to the avast forum and I mistakenly post info for another window in the window for your thread. Please accept my apology if you were offended.

sham1313

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 06:26:13 AM »
     I had just finish in long hand writting a post when your reply got here. I am going to send this any way. I thing it may give you a little more information. I will try to do what you thing it may help me a little as soon as I get threw here but may have to Wait till in the morning. you say I have a few things going on. I wonder how or what to do next. HP is suppose to call me between 8am and10am  tomorrow to fix every thing that is a HP problem. I hope some of it is a hp problem and not a 3party type thing or they won't they help me. when I have them on the phone I am going to make sure they know I have had 3 crash in the past 1 or 2 month. I hope the icons that have been coming up on my desktop is a hp problem. if it is after they explain things to me I will write and let every one no what happen. in case it happens to some one els. b
before I forget this again my sister works at a collage in portland Oregon. there teg there refuse to use windows vista. they are staying windows XP till the right one comes a long.
      when I look in the control panel, then in the unstall or change a program. I do not see a windows media player, but I do see a viewpoint media player.  is windows media player and the viewpoint media player the same thing? I know bill gates change a lot of little thing certain thing. right now my head is going blank I cannot even thing of one of the little things that he changed. this is one thing and I wished I could thing of a better one to tell but this is all I can think of.      a little things on your browser use to be bookmarks, but now it is called favorites. that is just an (ex sample) (that is spelled  way wrong) but I thing you get the idea of what I am trying to spell. thoug.
     if I click start and type viewpoint media in the search line. it does not fined any thing, but I did see it in the unstall or change programs. you already knew if I type windows media in the search from the start menu I fine two or 3 files but some have nothing end them. there are few other media things too, but if I click on the wrong one it might install some thing or unstall some thing. that all for now and a big thank you. Sharon sham1313
the quickplay I fine there is 3.7 and HP quick touch1.00C4. also quick player. I am not sure if I gave you  the write information you need or not. if not you can tell me where to look and I well get.
     I was thinking of unstalling both player but I am not sure with the ones I see in the start menu of witch ones is witch.
I do not think unstalling and re-installing would work. it may have work at one time, but I don't thing so now.
   In the morning some time tomorrow I will try to take each step by step and let you know what happens

sham1313

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:41:33 AM »
[
not a problem I understand. 1st think in the morning I will be here Sharon . I had to check my husband mail for him and thought I stop for  a for a few seconds have a good night and godbless
quote author=CharleyO link=topic=44788.msg375612#msg375612 date=1241324366]

[/quote]