Author Topic: quick player and windows media  (Read 111060 times)

sham1313

Re: quick player and windows media
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »
I may have just missed it but I did not see any confirmation that said it was fixed all I  know is when I did another scan and kept the log. the one I had check mark was not there. if this is done, is there any thing els you think I should do or need to do to fix this computer. I realized you do not have the computer in front of you that the question you might not be able to answer but think you might have thing you think I need to check to see if the computer running like  it should. later I will check here and check the opera questions I have ask. there I know some question that were answer and well help me with that problems I am having there. I do really thank you and every one for being patient with me and helping. thanks Sharon :) ps also in one of my last post where I told you I found a location that had a lot of files and folders I did not know I had like the ones that were named backup I think it went from somethink like backup 6 to backup 29. may have hidden files that we did not know of that may have caused the extra trouble? just wanting to know if that could be a possible thanks again

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »
Sorry Sharon, as I said this topic has gone on so long and bears no resemblance to the original topic I'm lost. So I'm literally working post to post which isn't good all we have been doing for some time bears no to quick player or windows media.

That is the problem when a topic has more than one specific thread in it, quickly it becomes confused and bogged down and no one can hope to follow it over 18 pages that's 257 posts after this one.

I have been following the topic but not in detail and only jumping in if I can see something specific.

So as has been said before, keep a topic to a single issue, this topic to all intents and purposes it lost. So I would suggest creating a new topic for a single specific problem, don't let it go off at a tangent with other side issues unless it is specifically related to the topic.

Keep the post short and again specific to what you have done or been asked to do in a previous post, don't get side tracked and go off at a tangent, or it will become confused and take longer to resolve.

Whilst this may seem harsh, it is meant with the best intentions as many times I have seen new posts in this topic that have been so long, I have just passed by. Just me, but when I see huge blocks of text, I just don't seem to be able to comprehend them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
Sorry Sharon, as I said this topic has gone on so long and bears no resemblance to the original topic I'm lost
That could be partly my fault David, I suggested early on when there appeared to  be only a few issues to sort that she keep it all to one topic.
Agree it has blossomed into something unweildy and probably unhelpful.

Sorry, Sharon, it is likely that because this has jumped around so much, that there will be very limited numbers of people able to follow and help. I mean, you're getting lost yourself! Partly it's because you are adding more questions to the mix before each issue that was posted about has been worked through to completion. The time zone difference doesn't seem to help, either.

So if you have a specific question here related to this thread, I'll keep on with it, but to tell the truth, regarding the original problem, I think everything you should need is here already. :)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:23 AM »
I understand! I off to bed in a few min but want to thank every for staying with me. I will See how the computer is doing and will look at some of my notes that I try to take and see where computer land will take me next. I will stay on one subject and if another ones comes up will make a note to do it next time. Thanks you every one and more thanks to the one that has been with me from the start till now. Sharon :)

jaychen0918

« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
Why he could be work only in evening?What would be his reason  to fulfill their work at evening?

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
-= Good night everyone.. ;)
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

CharleyO

« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

Welcome to the forums, jaychen.   :)

Why he could be work only in evening?What would be his reason  to fulfill their work at evening?

Evening is relative to where you are in the world.