Author Topic: quick player and windows media  (Read 111063 times)

sham1313

Re: quick player and windows media
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »
         :)I have not click closed on the Hijack yet I did click analyzed this and it pulled up and IE 7 witch I use opera IE 7  is my husband browser. it only downloaded a tiny bit but no words a peard it just had a big empty white box.  I did close that because I new it would not go any further. I one affected file every time I scan and I thought it got deleted when the superantispyware run the 1st time and it deleted all it found when I click finished then it rebooted. every time I scan and was using superantispyware till this last time and then I used malwarebytes. I am running another avast scan now. so we well see if it fines the same virus in the right spot.  I know I had questions and cannot think of them now. I well try to have pen and paper any where I am today so if I remeber them I well write them down before I for get them.
Thanks again I hope soon to have every thing up and running so I can do a proper backup. thanks Sharon sham1313

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
The HijackThis log looks normal from here.
Whatever you do, don't tick any of the check boxes and click "Fix selected". You can do damage.
Someone will analyze it for you and make suggestions.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 12:54:25 AM »
I guess when I click analise this it sent it some where till

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 12:57:41 AM »
Who recommended you should click "analyse this"?

sham1313

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:11 AM »
oh wow I goofed In one of the post I mention anlized this when you did not say and I did My falt will be back later I am trying to do some animal care right now. I hope I did not make a big goof. Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 01:20:28 AM »
Nope, I don't think it's a big goof.
I don't use the function myself, because of perceived privacy issues, but I don't think it can have done any harm.

Totally off topic, I guess you've looked up and examined "Supraglan" on the www?

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »
So sleepy, going to bed now but i had a quick look through the log and if you ask me i would definetly look into this line, do a google search on it:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Antivirus_ProScheduler] C:\Program Files\AntiVirus_Pro\AntiVirus_Pro.exe SCHEDULER

Also i see there are remnants of AVG there and Java is out of date. Get rid of AVG completely and update Java.

@Tarq57: Now that i gave you a few hints, you think you can take it from here ? And when you fix that line(that's IF you do but i have a feeling that one is a nasty) also make sure the user deletes the folder and files from the hdd as HJT will only delete the reg key and not the actual file ... ;)

Cheers !
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:48:47 AM by darth_mikey »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »
Hi darth-mickey, thanks.
Yep, spotted those. Also waiting for CharleyO to have a look at it. Until then, might be best to wait.
Regards,
Tarq.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »
Yes, removing AVG should be as easy as using their removal tool: http://www.avg.com/download-tools

Click on the removal tool for your computer x86 (32-bit) or X64 (64-bit) and let it get rid of things for you.

As for the Antivirus pro entry, that is bad. get rid of it with hijackthis.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

sham1313

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 05:31:10 AM »
I red the last post and I do still have the avg and norton removal tools I have use them both 5 or 6 maybe even 7 time and it still did not remove all of avg. my husband wants on so if I do not do it tonight 1st thing in the morning will use again and well waite to see what you thing of this perfect unstaller  http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/

I thank all of you that help me in more ways then one I should rather pay you then hp or Microsoft teg support. I get better help  :) :) :) :)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run:  I did a google search and that and it pulled up some thing I don't think you met to google that. I will do some google searches. I do have a so called free perfect unstaller that is suppose to remove all unwanted things like left over norton or avg but I bet it well just do a scan and say I wanted to use that obtion you need to buy it. (smile) you so no Norton. I guess it is safe to say norton removal toll did get all the norton out I did use the avg tool at lest 5 or 6 times. I well use again and I well write avg one last time to ask how I can remove all of there product. and while I am writing them well also tell them I was not please at the help I got  from in the past. I liked there free avg better then the bought product. I do not ever think I had it all installed right., because some of the virus's avg did not catch. I well let you know if they write me. it has always been over two week before I have herd from them. you would thing if you paid over $70.00 you would get a telephone number to call and get free help. there is no help for the free avg and I never needed any. also that was over 10 years ago. (very big smile)
       I thank all of you for you help and if I get rid of it I will let you know. there is one thing I keep wanting to ask and keep forgetting to is that in the menu when I right click a icon to scan the icon only for a virus is you can scan with avg. should I delete or try to remove all that is left  at one time again? I really thank for the tip Supraglan for Dog Cushings Disease. My husband has his own mixture that he put on are old American bull dog. it works better then any thing that a live vet that saw him for the most part was no help. there is ask a expert page that the vet there gave us every thing to see in writing. that help. but  supraglan we are very much going to try. (don't mine the poor grammer.) thanks a 1000 times again!!!!!
Sharon sham1313

http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »
Sharon,
Can you look in the control panel > programs > installed programs and see if there is anything by AVG or Grisoft there? Also look for "Linkscanner", which may have installed as a standalone program as part of AVG.

If there are any entries, please uninstall them.

Did you ever try to run the AVG (and/or the Norton) removal tools by right clicking the tool, selecting "run as" then "administrator"?
If you didn't, please try that now.

Further advice will follow.
Tarq.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:49 AM »
PS, Perfect uninstaller is one I'll not try out. It will download free, scan an uninstall routine (or whatever you call it) for free, but will not actually uninstall anything until you pay for the program.
Once you've paid for it, if it turns out to be not what you really wanted, you have to try for a refund.
Up to you, but I wouldn't.
Trials of software I've used in the past that work in a more commercially open way might give you, say 3 or 5 or 7 actually full featured operations, so you can see the thing actually working, and feel the benefit. And then, when the number of trials are up, it stops working and you either pay or uninstall it.
That to me is a preferred trial software.

sham1313

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 08:16:33 AM »

I was heading to bed but check here one time I have use both the norton and the avg removal tool many time and just did like you said again. avg is just staying there no matter what I do. I also look one more time for any AVG or Grisoft and Linkscanner there in the unstall program and the change program nothing there.
    I will start again 1st thing in the morning I have another avast scan running now. will check back here 1st thing. thanks again Sharon sham1313

Did you ever try to run the AVG (and/or the Norton) removal tools by right clicking the tool, selecting "run as" then "administrator"?
If you didn't, please try that now.

CharleyO

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »

Hi Sharon -

I was asked by Tarq to analyze your HJT log. It is not all that bad except for one entry. You will see it below.
There are entries that need to be fixed just because they have no file association; that is, they are dead entries with no links to anything useful.

We didn't detect any active process of a firewall on your system. Reasons maybe:
(1.) You are using the windows firewall or a hardware firewall.  (this is most likely the reason)
(2.) You are using a firewall of an unknown vendor.
(3.) You are using a firewall, but for unknown reasons it is disabled
(4.) You don't use any firewall at all.
We recommend you to use a firewall.

O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL (file missing)
Unnecessary (deactivated) entry that can be fixed. avgtoolbar.dll, AVGTOO~1.DLL - AVG "Anti-Exploit" Toolbar, present in AVG8

O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL (file missing)
Unnecessary (deactivated) entry that can be fixed. avgtoolbar.dll, AVGTOO~1.DLL - AVG "Anti-Exploit" Toolbar, present in AVG8

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Antivirus_ProScheduler] C:\Program Files\AntiVirus_Pro\AntiVirus_Pro.exe SCHEDULER
BAD entry. This one must be fixed!

O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {58ECB495-38F0-49cb-A538-10282ABF65E7} - (no file)
Unnecessary (deactivated) entry that can be fixed.

So, there are 4 entries that need to be fixed.

1 - Close all windows and programs.

2 - Run HJT again.

3 - When the report is presented, click on the box to the left of the 4 entries listed above. Please do not check any other boxes.

4 - When you have the 4 entries above check, scroll down and click on the "Fix checked" button. Do not do anything else until HJT is finished. This should only take a few seconds.

5 - Once it is finished, you can close HJT.

Post back after all is done and you have closed HJT.

CharleyO

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 08:27:11 AM »

We can have Sharon use javaRa once she has completed the HJT routine.