Author Topic: last update of advast, issues!!  (Read 2365 times)

kat3

last update of advast, issues!!
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:27:26 AM »
OK WITH THE LAST UPDATE OF ADVAST, IT IS GIVING MY NORMAL PROGRAMS THAT I HAVE BEEN RUNNING WITH IT ALL ALONG , AS IN , TROJAN GUARDER GOLD, AND WITH ONE OF MY CLIENTS, AND I RUN ALL OF THESE FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND KNOW THEY ARE CLEAN, BUT NOW WITH THE LAST UPDATE , I AM HAVING ALL KINDS OF ISSUES WITH ADVAST, BLOCKING AND DELETING.  I HAVE ENJOYED ADVAST ITS A GOOD PROGRAM HAND NO PROBLEMS TILL NOW, I HATE TO GET RID OF IT BUT WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT CAUSING ME SO MANY OTHER PROBLEMS IN OTHER AREAS!! :-[ :(

onlysomeone

Re: last update of advast, issues!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »
Hi kat3!

To make sure the blocked programs/files are secure you can upload them to Virustotal.

If you think it is a false positive you can easily report it as such:
simply click the "Report as false positive" in the Virus alert window... (see the attached picture)

If it is indeed a false positive this will be corrected fastly.

In the meantime - until Alwil fixes this problem you have the possibity to add the program to an exclusion list.
Therefor see the post from Tech here.

yours
onlysomeone

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: last update of advast, issues!!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »
avast doesn't block or delete, but scans for infection and alerts, the 'user' chooses what action to take. If avast feel a file is infected, even if you choose no action avast won't allow you to run what it considers an infected file, so may appear to be blocking. The only way to have avast allow it to run is by exclusion, but that shouldn't be carried out until you confirm the detection is a false positive.

Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate. The investigation takes the form suggested by onlysomeone confirm the detection at virustotal.

You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security