0 (0%)
Limewire
1 (25%)
Morpheus
0 (0%)
AudioGalaxy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What P2P programs do you want to see Avast Protect  (Read 5261 times)

JAM-Computers

What P2P programs do you want to see Avast Protect
« on: May 12, 2004, 11:33:51 PM »
Please vote[/size]

What P2P programs do you want to see protected by Avast in the next major upgrade?  VOTE for your favorite and list other P2P programs that aren't in the poll.  ???maybe ???, the programmers will read this thread and write down the most popular requests.

Also if you want to give your favorite P2P "Props" I would enjoy hearing it.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 11:46:43 PM by JAM-Computers »

JAM-Computers

Re:What P2P programs do you want to see Avast Protect
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 12:21:55 AM »
Overnet is simple to use and is pretty reliable.  It doesn't like Zone Alarm much though and doesn't like Nortons Ad stopper.  It is supported by AD-Ware but running Spy-Bot s&d after installing it rids you of this and has no effect on the program.  The program itself still shows ad's in the top corner but is unobtrusive.

Gnucleus, is freeware with no spy-ware attached it has a smaller following; however, it is growing by leaps and bounds and the source code is available to anyone who wants it.  C++ language and gnutella back bone.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 12:23:06 AM by JAM-Computers »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:34:37 AM »
I would Like to see all P2P users start useing iTunes or Napster.
The LEGAL music downloading stores. There is no excuse iTunes is avaliable for Mac AND Windows! And You Do Not Get viruses through these programs so there is no need for a P2P shield.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 05:56:39 AM »

Well said, Mac!    :D  

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 02:51:31 PM »
I would Like to see all P2P users start useing iTunes or Napster.
The LEGAL music downloading stores. There is no excuse iTunes is avaliable for Mac AND Windows! And You Do Not Get viruses through these programs so there is no need for a P2P shield.

Well there is and its not my fault. On-line shop is not supported for our country. Maybe it will change since we joined EU now...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

JAM-Computers

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 03:55:53 PM »
Alot of people use P2P's for perfectly legal transactions however, most don't, either way they seem to be growing instead of dying and diversification of programs is the end users main defense.  As well as programs such as Peer Guardian or Proto-Wall.  

Harvards stance
http://www.hbs.edu/about/news/032904_file_sharing.html
Heretical view
http://www.azoz.com/music/features/0008.html

Remember that record industry at first refused to allow radio stations to play records.  Even made laws against it, but couldnt stop it. The industry had to adapt then, they will have to adapt again.

This thread is not designed to discuss the legality of P2P's it is to request P2P's that users of Avast want to see protected from virus transfers.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:02:44 PM by JAM-Computers »

Dewbacca

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 06:48:28 PM »
Amen Jam... the Fat cats at the recording offices are not hurting... and they have made their living exploiting musicians since the begining of the industry.

P2P is File transfering... not music only... so I am very pleased to see the team here at Avast taking this Growing community seriously...

Maybe the recording industry should as well... Musicans are realizing we are the fans... not the enemy.