Author Topic: bug? automatic download  (Read 3976 times)

behco

bug? automatic download
« on: May 13, 2004, 02:29:09 PM »
Beside I had marked "automatic update virus database", I always need to click on a message that appears near the icons on system tray.

How can I suppress this message, so the download will begin without my intervention and knowing?

Thank you,
Behco.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:bug? automatic download
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 03:36:14 PM »
It's not a bug.
You can configure avast4.ini file.
More instructions here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647

Set SuppressUpdateInfo=1
The best things in life are free.

behco

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »
Hi Technical,

Thank you for your help.
But I did not found in that link what is the section to put
"Set SuppressUpdateInfo=1" ?

Thanks again.
Behco.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 04:26:31 AM »
Section and KeysValuesNotes and value description
[AAVM] Common Settings
CheckFloppies0* Check floppy disks in drive when logging off = 1; Do not check = 0
CheckCDRom0* Check CD's in drive when logging off = 1; Do not check = 0
CheckRemovables0* Check other removable media when logging off = 1; Do not check = 0
DefaultResTask*DefTask0
SuppressUpdateErrorInfo1Suppress update error message (not the update itself) = 1; Show it = 0
[tr][td]SuppressUpdatedInfo[/td][td]1[/td][td]Suppress the small blue info window in the notification area of your desktop on updating; Show it = 0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]ShowTaskbarIcon[/td][td]0[/td][td]Suppress the system tray icon; Show it = 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TagOpacity[/td][td]100[/td][td]Semi-transparent feature of avast! On-access scanner (if Internet Mail Provider is configured to "Show detailed info on performed action". The number represents a percentage: 100 is fully visible and 0 is fully transparent. A reboot may be required for the changes to take effect.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ShowVirusTag[/td][td]0[/td][td]Avoid the displaying virus advice (yellow/red layer that pops up when a virus is found); Show it = 1. A reboot may be required for the changes to become effective.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]AnimateIcon[/td][td]0[/td][td]Avoid the spinning of the system tray avast! icon. [/td][/tr]
[/table]

If the value does not exists, you can add it, i.e., add all the line  8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:28:23 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

behco

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 05:34:37 AM »
There it is, you hidden! ;)
Thanks a lot.