Author Topic: Keyloggers  (Read 8500 times)

krazybob

Re: Keyloggers
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 09:37:47 AM »
What a wonderful, charming individual. Did I call you names? No. I asked how to do something.

As a computer professional my kids have yet found a way around me. My wife and I feel that if we ban they will go to a friends house. If we allow but monitor we stand a better chance.

But who are you to challenge or insult my christianity? I asked a technical question. If this is how Avast allows their customer to be treated I'll switch.

At first I thought you were a spammer
Bob
Christian Hosting Solutions
http://christian-hosting-solutions.com

I see that it is worse than that.

There are no technical solutions to management problems.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Unplug the PC.  Remove the power cord.

If you want to snoop on your kids get surveillance cameras installed.

No matter what you do the kids will have friends that show them how to get around whatever you implement or they will use their friends' systems.

krazybob

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
Thanks for an honbest attempt to help me. I did as you suggested and Avast just kept alerting me.

So there it is Bob, as Tech said, just exclude the program in the exclusions.
Left click on whatever shield is running, and add it to the exclusions like pagefil.sys and the other system files are added there.
Depending where the file is, add the path like c:\Program Files\Kelogger\Keylogger.exe
Depending on how many modules it uses, it might be tricky to exclude.
If it is just one .exe file then you can put the path to that.
And it will not flag it when its detected.
But if it uses many hidden files then how are you going to know what to exclude?
Remember you have to add this on all the providers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »
krazybob, I've posted before a technical solution...
Besides: K9 has a comprehensive log. You can check it later and it could help in your daughter/sons education.
Nothing said here seems a personal attack. Spiritsongs is just trying to offer help (as far I know him).

You need to use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 02:12:17 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

krazybob

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 10:26:07 AM »
YoKenny wrote, insulted my christianity, and then gave me the old help desk line of unplugging the computer and sending it back because you're too stupid to know how to run it. Uncalled for and did not nothing to answer my questions. That was a personal attack and enough said. I PAY to use Avast on many computers and if Avast allows such blatant attacks then I have a choice -- I can switch.

I have resolved the issue and I am using software that I prefer..

At first I thought you were a spammer
Bob
Christian Hosting Solutions
http://christian-hosting-solutions.com

I see that it is worse than that.

There are no technical solutions to management problems.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Unplug the PC.  Remove the power cord.

If you want to snoop on your kids get surveillance cameras installed.

No matter what you do the kids will have friends that show them how to get around whatever you implement or they will use their friends' systems.

krazybob, I've posted before a technical solution...
Besides: K9 has a comprehensive log. You can check it later and it could help in your daughter/sons education.
Nothing said here seems a personal attack. Spiritsongs is just trying to offer help (as far I know him).

You need to use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.