Author Topic: urgent help  (Read 4403 times)

ela

urgent help
« on: May 13, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »
I have installed avast on my home pc, i restarted the pc and it started scanning . When the scan starts the keyboard stops responding. Even worst it wont let me log on in safe mode either ... WHAT CAN I DO ??

JAM-Computers

Re:urgent help
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 08:23:40 PM »
I found this post that might answer your question

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=111

Also try pressing and holding f8 as the computer is loading up.  You should be able to get to the safe mode.  However, uninstalling Avast has proven to be a challenge for some, I found the easist way is to double click the installer which will ask you if you want to remove Avast once it sees that it is already installed

Hope the thread above helps
James

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 04:20:59 AM »
I have installed avast on my home pc, i restarted the pc and it started scanning . When the scan starts the keyboard stops responding. Even worst it wont let me log on in safe mode either ... WHAT CAN I DO ??

Do you use an usb keyboard? You will have trouble with it because drivers are not loaded at that time...  :'(

See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=4468
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:24:19 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

toxfox

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:13:18 AM »
Hello,
I have the same problem and now i know why :
Do you use an usb keyboard? You will have trouble with it because drivers are not loaded at that time...  

But now how do I logon to winXp? Could you tell me how to disable the boot scan? ???

Thx

Toxfox

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 09:16:58 AM »
If you press F8 when starting Windows and select 'Last known good configuration' from the boot menu, the boot scan should not be started.

toxfox

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 05:36:59 PM »
Thx!!!
 ;) ;) ;)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 08:23:30 PM »
Just an after-thought -- this was news from my son recently.  He says that most relatively new/recent computers should have a "quick-and-dirty" set of USB drivers built right into the BIOS, so you should be able to use a USB keyboard even at the POST level.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent