Author Topic: Help - Virus Win32:Trojan-gen  (Read 9841 times)

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Help - Virus Win32:Trojan-gen
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
Hi rtrgrl78

Just to get these files in the chest sorted to start with.

The files are okay now they are in the chest. They can no longer contaminate your system, although you may still have infected files in your system that are as yet undetected. They can be dealt with later.

As far as the files in the chest go, it may help to send copies off to avast for analysis, This is relatively easy to do. If you can go to chest and follow directions.

Right-click a file----->choose email to Alwil software------follow directions
   -   classify file as undetected malware – add  link to this topic from the forum

The file will be uploaded to avast on the next auto update or you can manual update if you want
Do this to each of the files.

Or instead send samples as email to virus@avast.com
-   classify file as undetected malware – add  link to this topic in the forum
-   zip the message and password protect – secure password in the email body

I see you have also attached a HjT log. I will have a look but this is not my area of expertise.
Some forum members do have a lot of experience with HjT so they can help out later it need be.

Edit - Probably just some small tidy up work by look of the HjT log. But wait for someone more familiar  with HjT. They will usual give you a step by step.

A disk cleanup and defrag would not hurt at this stage. If you have not done so already.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:09:58 AM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »
Am using Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2, any help would be great thanks
Windows XP Service Pack 3 has been available for a year and contains several Critical Security updates plus performance improvements you need to start Internet Explorer then go to Tools then Windows Update and download all of the available updates.

Also you should enable Automatic Updates or at least be notified that Updates are available.

Go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select Automatic (recommended) or at least Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

Go to Secunia Online Software Inspector then run it to see what other applications are vulnerable:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »
Windows XP Service Pack 3 has been available for a year and contains several Critical Security updates plus performance improvements you need to start Internet Explorer then go to Tools then Windows Update and download all of the available updates.

Also you should enable Automatic Updates or at least be notified that Updates are available.

Go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select Automatic (recommended) or at least Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

Go to Secunia Online Software Inspector then run it to see what other applications are vulnerable:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

Anything less than this will mean your computer's perforrnance and well-being are compromised.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

rtrgrl78

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 02:16:17 AM »
Hi rtrgrl78

As far as the files in the chest go, it may help to send copies off to avast for analysis, This is relatively easy to do. If you can go to chest and follow directions.

Right-click a file----->choose email to Alwil software------follow directions
   -   classify file as undetected malware – add  link to this topic from the forum

The file will be uploaded to avast on the next auto update or you can manual update if you want
Do this to each of the files.

Thanks for the response, not all the files will load up for email, and do I add the link to this site in the additional information bit? will it matter that all the files won't go straight on to email? and finally what is the 'next auto/manual update' - is this something Avast would email me about?

Or instead send samples as email to virus@avast.com
-   classify file as undetected malware – add  link to this topic in the forum
-   zip the message and password protect – secure password in the email body

How do you send 'samples' in an email from the chest?

I see you have also attached a HjT log. I will have a look but this is not my area of expertise.
Some forum members do have a lot of experience with HjT so they can help out later it need be.

Edit - Probably just some small tidy up work by look of the HjT log. But wait for someone more familiar  with HjT. They will usual give you a step by step.

A disk cleanup and defrag would not hurt at this stage. If you have not done so already.

Thanks will do

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 03:13:27 AM »
They aren't actually emailed from the chest but uploaded (though it does say email to Alwil Software).

The file has to be in the chest already or you have to first add it to the chest.

You can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest (if it isn't already there) where it can do no harm and send it from there. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so you will need to take further action and can remove/rename that.

Send it from the User Files section of the chest (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). It will be uploaded (not actually emailed) to avast when the next avast auto (or manual) update is done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security