Author Topic: Insuffisant space (french : Err:Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande.)  (Read 6773 times)

YMasquel

Hello, I am new to AVAST because I'm using W98 on my old timer and it seems AVAST is the one good antivirus for this system.
I had the message on subject (Err:Espace insuffisant pour traiter cette commande.) for my first database update and, after a little examination I saw that update tries to do the job from the existing version to the good one by verifying each intermediate ones.

As the first one was 9031900.vpu and the good one was 9050900.vpu with the message saying a level difference of 51 versions => "SetDownloadBits: vps setting 51 diffs to process".

I just move the two files :
 - vpsm-9031900.vpu
 - vps-9031900.vpu
out of the "Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup" folder and restart the database update.

The update process had just uploaded the last version and, after "a while" told me that the process was ended.

Tried a second update that told me the database is up to date.

May be this could be helpfull for someone ?

Any information from AVAST ???
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 07:33:58 PM by YMasquel »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
How much RAM (memory) and free disk space do you have?

It seems that the updating process is "reaching some limit" on the target machines; we've already seen something like that before - when the VPS file got over 16MB, it wasn't possible to write the file to disk in one big write, because it failed on some Win9x machines. No idea why... perhaps an issue with a particular disk [controller] drivers.

If anybody (having the problem) is familiar with File Monitor (from Sysinternals) - could you please try to monitor the updating process (i.e. invoke an update and wait for it to fail) with it? I'd say you can filter only avast.setup process... or use just "avast" mask. If you upload the log to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming then, they can look for any other problematic disk access, and possible split it into smaller ones.
The best things in life are free.

YMasquel

Hello "tech",
Ram is rather little (256Mb) but free disk space seems to be enough for the job (>800Mb for C: and >2.2Gb for disk D: - virtual memory is on D: only).

Yves.

Urbanlady

I am also having this problem on an older computer.  Dell with Windows ME.  I have about 250 meg free space.  I get the message Not enough storage to process this command when I try to update.  I did what the person who started this tread suggested and I was able to download the files with the version number he had posted as the latest and the update seemed to finish successfully. 

Is my computer now protected by AVAST with the latest virus files?  I am using AVAST because it is hard to find something that works well to protect an older computer like my Dell and I still have some data on it I do not want to lose.

I just installed AVAST a few hours ago so am also new to it.  This is the only problem I have had with it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Is my computer now protected by AVAST with the latest virus files?
Right click the 'a' blue icon and check "About" dialog. Which is shown under VPS version?

I still have some data on it I do not want to lose.
Backup ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
See here, please.