Author Topic: 2 topic :opera questions & more feedback on Icon comming out of no where  (Read 15296 times)

sham1313

won't mention the 2nd question till were threw with all my questions I have on opera. even the things I can use don't work like they should. I  was surfing e-bay one day and was in a seller store. I would get to the end of the pg and click the next page. I get just a little ways down and think this is s odd why should it be showing so many things looking just like the one I saw last pg. when I got to the bottom of that pg and notice it did not change again. I could use my husband IE7 and the browser wood change pgs each time. if I Copy-ed the pasted the next pg from IE7 to opera and get to the bottom click next and it would not change page's again. is there a reason this could happen? I will just start with that much and going to the others questions. in a few.
thanks Sharon sham1313

sham1313

so many questions and I am having trouble in how do I ask the questions and what kind of information you need in order to help me. I am using a windows vista HP laptop. here is another weird thing it did.I was doing the same thing as before surfing e-bay and in one seller store he had two pages that the top part look fine but 1/4 of the way down the print and pictures did not even fit on the computer. both were on puma knife pg. they were both cases and I would see like to big XX right under that I would see CA and under that SE. they were around 2 to 3 inches big. I wrote told the seller and he thank me for telling him. later I went back to that site and saw the same thing as last time so I wrote the seller again. he said he check the page over good and I was the only seeing that pg like that of course I told him I was sorry and did not have a clue why it was seeing the page like that. I look at a few more of his sites and saw that page just like the one were taking about again.can some one tell me why this that?
 thanks Sharon

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
The first thing I would do is to clean all your temp folders and browser history.
Once that's done, try the website again.
If you still run into the same problem, try another browser and see if that makes a difference.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Sharon, what is your screen resolution set to?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

in the 1st post I wrote here I said when my browser did not turn the page I tried it with my husband IE7 ant that one work. I had cleared all history deleted all unnessary files and it still dont work. so when I do e-bay I use mike browser for now. today it work changing pages for about 3 pages and it quit and I went  back to using IE7 to finished looking at ebay.

The first thing I would do is to clean all your temp folders and browser history.
Once that's done, try the website again.
If you still run into the same problem, try another browser and see if that makes a difference.

sham1313

what is your screen resolution set to? I will fine this out in the morning I believe it start like 640pixels not sure and can even think what the other number is. but like I said I will let you know in the morning. thanks every one Sharon :)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
To get this picture, right click anywhere on the desktop (not on an icon) and select "properties". Then select settings (shown in the picture.) Then try moving the resolution up a bit.
What size is the monitor?

sham1313

morning every one      :)when I right click any where on my desktop and not on a icon I don't have properties.  I have to choose personalize then display setting it is set at the highest (32 bit) the only other choose is (16 bit)  Resolution is set on High by 1280pixels and can go as low as 800 by 600 pixels. I am using windows vista  on a HP computer and it is a lot different. I am not sure what to try that setting on. you say to tune it up a bit can't do that it is already at the highest it can get.

sham1313

I hope this does not scare off any one that can help!!!
      I try to understand when  I read about opera, but some time if you talking things out they are easier to understand. it is just like I use to use windows live  to help me with other computer trouble and some one there sense I was having trouble understanding avast when I 1st got it. they directed me to here for help with the avast trouble, witch I don't have any more and it really was not any trouble because,  it was I  just did not know how to use it right, but I do now. beforget to tell you again windows live is also called Cnet.

maybe the reason it does not change 's pg's all the time is because it is not a good download.
how ever I can't understand why it is just those two site that the bottom of the page does not look right. I am going to see if I can fine those to pg's again even tho the auction is over I might still be able to get to those sites. and send them to you. to see what you thing

then I found out that you also help in other topics about the

computer. the people here explane things better so I can understand them better. maybe the reason opera does not change pages all the time it might be some thing corrupt or a bad download {I know
that is not spelt right} with in it. maybe a new download or update might do it. I don't know where to start again.
     there is a certain icon tool looking like one that is called panel when I click it what I see under it is I think something to do with mail, but not sure if it has to deal with opera mail  or my main mail witch may also be my default mail, witch is  bluelight mail. at one time when I click there and saw all the other stuff related to mail. I saw a very wrong email address for bluelight. I could not figure how to get in the mail and change it.  I did try a few times of setting up a opera mail account, and I am not sure if I did complete the opera mail account or not. doing the last step when you have to type 2 words a certain way for being able to protector pvt and all that other stuff. it was not that step I had to complete, but it is something like that. this one was you had floating letter or a few letter that were standing still and you were to be able to see the letters that were standing still under all the floating letters, and write them in the box. not sure if the part got done correctly or ever completed. if it is the bluelight mail that is my main mail. it also  maybe my default mail. I am not sure of that either.

I found my self in a couple of places inside the mailbox not knowing witch one is witch or if it was all just one of those two mail. I was real tried one time and I guess some times being tried is what it took because I fixed the wrong bluelight email address into the right e-mail address. I bet I have you as much confuse as I am now. the question is how can I fine out by doing each step the right way if it has to do with bluelight being my default mail or did I get my opera mail account to where it is up and running?? (sorry for all the confustion )    I  better stop there till I see if you understand or not. there are other icons at the far left of the screen and some up top that I do not know what they are or how o use them.  Thanks and please try to hang in there with me I do have other question that I think will be very easy for any one of you that understand the opera mail. {very very very very big SMILE}
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
I need to give you tip, so you can understand and better describe what the issues you have are.

You are getting the various applications mixed up with each other, which is understandable. (For a long time I thought Google was a browser.)

Bluelight is an Internet Service Provider (ISP). Such an organization basically charges you money to subscribe to the internet. They may also provide certain applications free of charge, or at a reduced rate, such as an antivirus.

What you use to connect to the internet is different. It is software installed on the computer. Typically for most people, this will be a Browser (like Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc), and email program (like Outlook Express, or Microsoft Outlook, or Thunderbird etc.)
Also might be an instant messenger program, (quite common, but I don't use them; there are many available) a P2P program, for file sharing over a network of users that have P2P active (examples are Limewire, Shareazaa, Ares etc.) (I definitely don't recommend the use of one of these for the inexperienced. There are quite a few likely traps and problems with the incorrect use of them.)

Sites and services you might connect to using the browser include forums like this one, and many online mail programs, such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail etc.

There are also services that might be provided by your ISP (such as Bluelight Mail, a way of checking email without needing an email program of browser), see here.

So when you refer to a particular application in a post requesting help, we need to actually know the detail of the program. In the context above, I think "Bluelight" might be referring to your mail client, but I don't know.

Likewise "Windows Live" is not Cnet, but you might be able to access the Cnet forums by some shortcut or normal method using Windows Live, which is a service provided by Ms, and includes Hotmail, a messenger, various networking facilities, etc.

I know it is real confusing but you need to learn the different terminologies, learn what program each one uses (or can use) and post the information specific to each program in a request for help.

All the programs listed above are able to be run on your computer by virtue of the OS which in same cases has the ability built into it, and in others, allows you to install certain compatible software. In your case it is Windows Vista.

I really recommend a good read of the Vista Help Files as a first stop when trying to sort out system configuration issues. But you need a more broad spectrum view of how a computer works first. The help file on most applications is usually written with the assumption that the user knows how to use such an application first, and needs help with a particular version of it.

I hope that helps a bit in posting help questions.

sham1313

I have to make this short and sweet tonight because I will have to read the above many times to make sure I do understand you.maybe this will help you see some of the things I have talk about. I have at one time when using dial up connection have had both bluelight and netzero as ISP. netzero was the last ISP I had and Bluelight was my ISP before that. witch I still have bluelight as a mail and it is my main mail whether it is my default I do not know, but in the mail I tried to set up with opera I saw things that made me thing it was the opera mail account. when I was in the mail program again I saw it had my bluelight mail Addy in the return address spot. I have always been on a dial connection like bluelight and netzero and any of the other I had like Juno or even one way back at the beginning that was called tomato internet all of them were my defult mail. is any of that I said out of context. I will be back bright in Early in the morning maybe 5thirty or 6am in less the dogs get me up or I can't sleep and you well see me earlier. :)

sham1313

I  forgot to look for one of those ebay pg's that I could view right so that was the 1st things I did this morning. I found a new I had not seen of the sellers pg that I could not view right and is is one I do have trouble see the middle and bottom of his pg.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220408308562
 I tried to copy paste a little of the top of this pg to see if it would show the regular size print
this is a copy paste of the top part of his auction and even the copy paste is different then what I see and now I will copy paste a bit of his page that I see in very big print
    what I have in { } in between those things are what I see in very big print the rest of  is bigger then what you see but not as big as the biggest letter I see
{Case XX 1976 Stag RAZOR EDGE Clasp Bulldog 5172 knife   Item number: 220408308562}   

You are signed in      You are watching this item in My eBay (185 items)
                1 of 8
    Supersize

Current bid:   US $123.71    

Your maximum bid:      US $    
   Place Bid >
   (Enter US $126.21 or more)

End time:   12 hours 1 min (May-14-09 18:00:00 PDT)
Shipping:   US $6.50
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to:   United States
Item location:   West Central Illinois, United States
History:   8 bids
High bidder:   l***l( 12)

You are watching this item in My eBay (185 items)
You can also:     Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend

Listing and payment details:  Show

Get 10% back on all purchases, up to $25. New eBay MasterCard Accounts only. US Residents Only. See Details | Apply Now   

Meet the seller
Seller:   randironi( 227)
-------------------
I hope this can be figured out now
thanks Sharon

sham1313

to show you how my days been going I just posted this in the other question I ask insted of here (smile) I know it is in the right place this time.
this is what I found when I click on about opera from one of the menu
Version
Build
Platform
Win32
System
Windows NT 6.0
Java
Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6
XHTML+Voice
Plug-in not loaded

I also have 2 other opera browser in a special folder I put certains things in. I tried updating opera a couple of times. and I think it just downloaded a new opera browser not sure if the other one is there because I tranfer certain things from a disk I made a while back it could have happen then I was scared if I deleted any of them I would delete the wrong one. I guess that could be some of my trouble. (smile) sorry it took me awhile I had a long list of things I needed to do before the visiting nurse came to see me today.
thanks Sharon
Quote from: CharleyO on Today at 04:51:13 AM

sham1313

I hope you do not mine I well have to send you 2 emails so you can see what I am asking sorry this is the only way I could figure out how to do it.
I like to ask you a question about your pg. on certain ebay pg's witch this is one of them. I am not sure how to word it right so you can understand. because I need some one to explane to me why the left side where you have it organized with your items and how many of each one. there is a movements of the words going right to left or maybe I should say back and forth. witch you would see a few letter more then less then more then less again.for me that makes it harder to view and read the words. I come across this only some times.
I am asking you because some of your pages do this and some don't. is this a option you pay for or hopefully it is just one thing the page does that you do not know about. I am going to ask any of the others seller that I see this happen on there page the same as I have ask you. you are just the 1st one I have ask about it. I hope you do not mind me bringing this up to you. the movement is kind of like this you will have a word like this below
ANIMALS (O THEN BACK TO ANIMALS AND THEN ANIMALS O
thanks Sharon sham1313

sham1313

the post was suppose to have that I put it all together for that post and it is just some thing that happen on opera not IE7