Author Topic: 2 topic :opera questions & more feedback on Icon comming out of no where  (Read 15237 times)

sham1313

in the morning I am going to write opera support and tell them every thing I have told you. I well also do some reading on opera  then I will see if I can write any question of what I don't understand for you to help me and that well makes things a lot better for me knowing how to do it right way. it well also be easier on the computer.tomorrow another day and will try to get more done on the computer tomorrow then I did today. thanks Sharon :)

CharleyO

I  forgot to look for one of those ebay pg's that I could view right so that was the 1st things I did this morning. I found a new I had not seen of the sellers pg that I could not view right and is is one I do have trouble see the middle and bottom of his pg.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220408308562
 I tried to copy paste a little of the top of this pg to see if it would show the regular size print
this is a copy paste of the top part of his auction and even the copy paste is different then what I see and now I will copy paste a bit of his page that I see in very big print
    what I have in { } in between those things are what I see in very big print the rest of  is bigger then what you see but not as big as the biggest letter I see
{Case XX 1976 Stag RAZOR EDGE Clasp Bulldog 5172 knife   Item number: 220408308562}   

You are signed in      You are watching this item in My eBay (185 items)
                1 of 8
    Supersize

Current bid:   US $123.71    

Your maximum bid:      US $    
   Place Bid >
   (Enter US $126.21 or more)

End time:   12 hours 1 min (May-14-09 18:00:00 PDT)
Shipping:   US $6.50
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to:   United States
Item location:   West Central Illinois, United States
History:   8 bids
High bidder:   l***l( 12)

You are watching this item in My eBay (185 items)
You can also:     Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend

Listing and payment details:  Show

Get 10% back on all purchases, up to $25. New eBay MasterCard Accounts only. US Residents Only. See Details | Apply Now   

Meet the seller
Seller:   randironi( 227)
-------------------
I hope this can be figured out now
thanks Sharon

Hi Sharon -

I checked the link above and the item description part of the page is indeed very large in Opera.
I also checked it with IE7 and while it is also large (as intended by the owner of the knife page), it is not so large as to be off the screen. I am not sure why it comes out so large in Opera and that is the first ebay page I have come across that does that while using Opera. I go to ebay often with Opera and never have had that problem before.

When you write to Opera, you should include a link to this thread as well as a link to the ebay page.

sham1313

thanks and when they write back I well share it with the group. I also forgot to write in the last post that some time a box well come up say the page I am trying to pull up has a out of date signature and am I sure I want to pull the sight. it does others site with difference's warring and I am not sure what to do when that happen. can you give me a clue so I know what right and wrong accepting different URL'S
thanks Sharon

sham1313

I thought of one more guestion before I forget tell you again I try clicking on manage bookmarks and I know how to change bookmarks with IE 7. Opera I can make a new folder and put things in that folder if I do it from the start. but I have a lot of different URL already on bookmarks that I want to put into different folders and I can't figure that out. can some one in simple words explane then them that? that and Bye again(this time it will be for longer then 10 mins.  ;D

sham1313

I really hope some ones reply to the bookmark question. my main pg's are all over in 4 very long rows of bookmarks that would help me out a lot to get them organize.
thanks Sharon

sham1313

I have re-red all the post here and this part you wrote witch I copied pasted some of it here makes more sense to me now. thanks for writting it. let me know please if I am completely Right or some right or all wrong? :)

{your say here windows live is separate from Cnet but they work together or am I wrong}
Likewise "Windows Live" is not Cnet, but you might be able to access the Cnet forums by some shortcut or normal method using Windows Live, which is a service provided by Ms, and includes Hotmail, a messenger, various networking facilities, etc.

-----
{this make more sense just re-red}

All the programs listed above are able to be run on your computer by virtue of the OS which in same cases has the ability built into it, and in others, allows you to install certain compatible software. In your case it is Windows Vista.
[ I am reading it}
I really recommend a good read of the Vista Help Files as a first stop when trying to sort out system configuration issues. But you need a more broad spectrum view of how a computer works first. The help file on most applications is usually written with the assumption that the user knows how to use such an application first, and needs help with a particular version of it.
I hope that helps a bit in posting help questions.

{here is more of a copy paste and a question.}
What you use to connect to the internet is different. It is software installed on the computer. Typically for most people, this will be a Browser (like Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc), and email program (like Outlook Express, or Microsoft Outlook, or Thunderbird etc.)
Also might be an instant messenger program, (quite common, but I don't use them; there are many available) a P2P program, for file sharing over a network of users that have P2P active (examples are Limewire, Shareazaa, Ares etc.) (I definitely don't recommend the use of one of these for the inexperienced. There are quite a few likely traps and problems with the incorrect use of them.)

(I do not know what these are explaine better please?)
(examples are Limewire, Shareazaa, Ares etc.)
thanks Sharon

sham1313

I could only fine a e-mail support address and I did right told them about the mail and the browser and ask if they could pass a long the question to opera browser or if they would send me the address so I  could right them.
thanks Sharon

CharleyO

thanks and when they write back I well share it with the group. I also forgot to write in the last post that some time a box well come up say the page I am trying to pull up has a out of date signature and am I sure I want to pull the sight. it does others site with difference's warring and I am not sure what to do when that happen. can you give me a clue so I know what right and wrong accepting different URL'S
thanks Sharon

I hope Tarq or someone else will also comment on this. The best advice is to not open pages that have out-of-date signatures or other such warnings.

I rarely come across pages of this type. When I do, I have to make the decision as to whether or not I trust that page enough to open it anyway. Doing so might sometimes lead to problems. It comes down to time and experience with such pages.

CharleyO

I really hope some ones reply to the bookmark question. my main pg's are all over in 4 very long rows of bookmarks that would help me out a lot to get them organize.
thanks Sharon

Are you familiar with Panels in Opera? When you have panels on the sidebar, you can click on the Bookmarks icon which will show all your bookmarks in a scroll-able column. You can then right click each bookmark to get a menu applicable to that bookmark.

1- Choose a bookmark you want to move to a folder. (you may need to create a folder first if you have not already done so)

2- Right click the bookmark and choose Copy.

3- Right click the folder you want to place the bookmark in and choose paste.

4- The bookmark should now appear in the folder or under it in a sub-list for that folder. Verify that this is true.

5- The original bookmark is still in it's original place on the bookmarks list.

6- Right click the original bookmark and this time choose delete.

7- You now have that bookmark only in the folder you copied it to.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
(I do not know what these are explaine better please?)
(examples are Limewire, Shareazaa, Ares etc.)
thanks Sharon
These are examples of names of P2P programs. (Which I recommend anyone against using unless they know what they are doing.)
The programs themselves are generally good; how they can be configured can leave a computer vulnerable, some of the content it is possible to share/download by using them is totally non-guaranteed, and I know for a fact that some of it contains malware.

These sorts of programs are mainly used to share music files. (Of questionable legality, too, since most should be protected by copyright.)
Basically the site security certificate has expired, or is not recognized.
Often there will be nothing wrong with the site, but without a way of knowing for sure, it would be best to avoid visiting it. Especially true of a secure site, such as one used for banking or CC transactions. All bets are off.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

I am just writing a short one tonight and thank every one for helping me. I have not herd any thing from opera support. I have not had a chance to try doing what was explaining about moving around the bookmarks to where I want them to be. I should have time 1st thing in the morning. thanks again Sharon :)

sham1313

I have not tried to see if I can figure out how to reorganize my bookmarks but I am going to try right after I send a couple of post and e-mails. when I wrote opera support and it was the only address I saw. it was opera mail support. I ask if the could not pass the questions to opera browser support if they would send me there email address so I could right them. this was there reply.

(Please keep the subject when replying to this e-mail)

Dear Opera Web Mail user,

I feel that you may be confusing several different issues. You do not need an
opera web mail address in addition to your mybluelight.com unless you have
some specific requirement for replacing your mybluelight.com address.

Everything else you raise would appear to be related to the Opera Desktop
browser. However Opera Software does not offer free personal e-mail support
for the Opera browser. This e-mail address may only be used for support with
http://www.operamail.com/ and not the Opera browser or its built-in e-mail
client.

Only users with a valid Opera Premium Support account are entitled to support
for Opera’s software products. Learn more and register for an Premium Support
account at the below page.

http://www.opera.com/suppor

I guess the question that I ask you and you do not know will just stay a mystery. I will check back as soon as I fine out if I can learn to organize there bookmarks thanks a bunch Sharon  sham1313

sham1313

At first I click panel and I saw it made the page a little wider and then smaller if I click it again. I did not see till I click it a few times that there were little icons one was a star that you click on and bookmarks like you mention and others I did easily what you said to do and that is going to make things so much easier when I get all of my bookmarks organized.  I have others I have to attend right now and don't know if I have any other opera question that can be answered because most of the ones I have ask seem to be kind of a mystery. alto the one ebay page did come out bigger on another opera person browser but not as big as my done. he did not know why it was that way it was just that way. I guess some things are just meant to be a mystery. :) I am not sure if I should start the other topic I had in the subject line on not. I do thank every one for you help tell next time. Sharon sham1313

thanks Sharon

Are you familiar with Panels in Opera? When you have panels on the sidebar, you can click on the Bookmarks icon which will show all your bookmarks in a scroll-able column. You can then right click each bookmark to get a menu applicable to that bookmark.

1- Choose a bookmark you want to move to a folder. (you may need to create a folder first if you have not already done so)

4- The bookmark should now appear in the folder or under it in a sub-list for that folder. Verify that this is true.

sham1313

A coupe of post ups I mention about different warning would come up and was told kind of to use my own judgements. and once place a warning came up a lot when i visited the site i was a member of and was on 3 birdlist and another group. i wrote the owner and told him why i was not going to be a member any more. that I had kept getting warring saying the signature was out of date. it to me to one more page before I was all the way of his site.witch was a that said there were a lot false rumor around about the site was not true. I did not here of any of the rumors he was talking about I just saw different warning from my opera browser like the one I mention about the signature being out of date.  I think some of the computer trouble I was having at the time was accepting the site to come up even after I was warm that I should not. i guess I am one that always has to learn the hardway. :)
    Now Back to the bookmarks I notice when I copy pasted the bookmarks in to a folder I made that it did nit remove the bookmark from where I copied it from. witch I would have the bookmark in 2 different places.  it that the way it is suppose to be. I transfer the bookmark then have to go back and delete the one I copy and moved? I hope I explane that right. will be back when I can thanks Sharon

thanks Sharon

CharleyO

Hi Sharon -

Please re-read the steps I posted about the bookmarks. Pay close attention to steps 5, 6, and 7.

A coupe of post ups I mention about different warning would come up and was told kind of to use my own judgements. and once place a warning came up a lot when i visited the site i was a member of and was on 3 birdlist and another group. i wrote the owner and told him why i was not going to be a member any more. that I had kept getting warring saying the signature was out of date. it to me to one more page before I was all the way of his site.witch was a that said there were a lot false rumor around about the site was not true. I did not here of any of the rumors he was talking about I just saw different warning from my opera browser like the one I mention about the signature being out of date.  I think some of the computer trouble I was having at the time was accepting the site to come up even after I was warm that I should not. i guess I am one that always has to learn the hardway. :)
    Now Back to the bookmarks I notice when I copy pasted the bookmarks in to a folder I made that it did nit remove the bookmark from where I copied it from. witch I would have the bookmark in 2 different places.  it that the way it is suppose to be. I transfer the bookmark then have to go back and delete the one I copy and moved? I hope I explane that right. will be back when I can thanks Sharon

thanks Sharon