Author Topic: 2 topic :opera questions & more feedback on Icon comming out of no where  (Read 15239 times)

Offline davews

I am not going to try to answer your original problem - I have read your postings several times and it is not clear to me what the problem is. However I have used Opera for years, it works well for me and is an excellent browser.

Anyway the best place for you to ask questions about Opera is on their forums - http://my.opera.com/community/forums/ Since your problems seem to be related to browsing and email you should post in the 'Opera Browser' and 'Opera Mail Chat and News' subforums in the 'Opera for desktop' section. There you will find both users like yourself and Opera staff on hand to sort you out.

The email address you used was for support for Opera Webmail, a mail service like Hotmail and Yahoomail, which has nothing to do with the Opera browser itself.

Dave

sham1313

thank you I did not think I had re ask a question  I did at the begining.  I well re-read and well try to make my self more clear. what I recall is stateing is some questions may stay a mistery. the only question that I ask for is on the moving the bookmarks when I copy paste the boomarks in the new folder I made. I notis was I moved the bookmark from is steal there. I DID not know if that is how it is suppose to be or is the bookmark where you move it from suppose to delete it self? I do go back and delete it. I just did not know if that was how it was suppose to be. I  know some stime I can be hard to understand and I will try reading more times what I wrote in hoping I can make better sense, thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
When moving any file, and you don't want the original to stay in its original location, you should select "cut" then "paste",  rather than "copy". (Just be sure you don't get distracted and forget to paste it where you want it.)
There are other ways of doing this, but that will do for now.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

I will go back and re read 5 6 7 thanks Sharon

sham1313

I had missed a message and I am sorry I have it now thanks Sharon

CharleyO

No problem, Sharon.

By the way, cut and paste also works as Tarq sugested above. I suggested you use copy & paste just in case a mistake was made. That way, you would not loose your original bookmark if you did make a mistake. If you now understand how to move your bookmarks, it is ok to use cut instead of copy.

sham1313

you are right this is the best place  to ask an opera question. thanks Sharon sham1313

I am not going to try to answer your original problem - I have read your postings several times and it is not clear to me what the problem is. However I have used Opera for years, it works well for me and is an excellent browser.

Anyway the best place for you to ask questions about Opera is on their forums - http://my.opera.com/community/forums/ Since your problems seem to be related to browsing and email you should post in the 'Opera Browser' and 'Opera Mail Chat and News' subforums in the 'Opera for desktop' section. There you will find both users like yourself and Opera staff on hand to sort you out.

The email address you used was for support for Opera Webmail, a mail service like Hotmail and Yahoomail, which has nothing to do with the Opera browser itself.

Dave

sham1313

this is besT for me. I DO  make a lot of mistake. thanks Sharon

No problem, Sharon.

By the way, cut and paste also works as Tarq sugested above. I suggested you use copy & paste just in case a mistake was made. That way, you would not loose your original bookmark if you did make a mistake. If you now understand how to move your bookmarks, it is ok to use cut instead of copy.

sham1313

I have almost got my bookmarks the way I want, but I want to change some of there names I have right click on the bookmark and tried looking for change name I have tried a couple of other ways but just cannot seem to fine out how to simply change the name of a bookmark. can some one help me out again here please.
 thanks Sharon

Offline davews

Right click on the bookmark and select 'properties'. You can change the name in the box which comes up...

sham1313

;D thanks a lot bookmarks all done. I have one line of bookmarks instead 3. Sharon