Author Topic: drive c and d and folders opening slow and not responding  (Read 2926 times)

ratchetclan4

i just moved a 1gb folder of files ran a defrag and ccleaner

and now my pc is slow at opening files?
-------------------------------------------
EDIT

restarted my pc and it before it restarted it ended a task called tsvncache is not responding was it that slowing it down
or does your computer just require a restart after using ccleaner and stuff? before it can work fast and fully

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:59:07 PM by ratchetclan4 »

ratchetclan4

Re: drive c and d and folders opening slow and not responding
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:00:20 PM by ratchetclan4 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
Did you not think of a google search for the application not responding ?

tsvncache.exe is a process belonging to TortoiseSVN.\r TortoiseSVN is a Subversion client, implemented as a windows shell extension. "This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.\r"

A further google on TortoiseSVN, http://www.google.com/search?q=TortoiseSVN, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TortoiseSVN.

So it looks like you installed something to enhance or replace the windows explorer interface ?

Since that isn't working it may well be what is causing the problems.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ratchetclan4

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »
tortoise svn downloads files off an svn repository ,

i use it for a game called garrysmod, you select the folder fill in the url and click update folder and it adds the file off that repository

like www.wire-svn or similar

at least thats all ive used it for, i thought thats all it did

by what you said im guessing by enhance the windows explorer interface you mean it adds options to  the right click context menu?,

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »
Yes it has an extension to the shell and I don't know if that is having any impact, I have never used it so I can't speak from experience. But if you are getting cache errors then something isn't functioning, you could try uninstalling it and see if that resolves the slow opening folders.

Then reinstall it and see if that resolves the tsvncache error and if so if the folders then open normally.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security