Author Topic: HELP: Avast4\aswIdle.dll windows image not valid, check installation disk  (Read 2831 times)

Eilan

Hi,
I have a problem, I've just install avast 4.8 on my windows XP SP2 partition on a mac.
After insert the registration numeber I lunched avast but an error accur. I'm italian and the error text is in italian so I hope to translate it properly, it says:

the application or DLL c:\program\AlwilSoftware\Avast4\aswIdle.dll is not a valid windows image. Verify with the installation disk.

it seems very strange to me, i've just installed windows 2 days ago. What's the problem, can you suggest something to do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I suspect that you may have a Beagle infection already on your windows partition. The beagle infection tries to kill other security applications and the not a valid win32 file/image error is associated with that.

Were you on-line for any time unprotected whilst running windows ?

DrWeb do a Live CD if you are unable to get into your system (or have something like beagle that tries to kill other security applications) see, http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/?lng=en, documentation ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/LiveCD-en.pdf
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Eilan

Yes I was online one day without any virus protection :(
I'll try this Live CD and I'll let you now what appens
Thank you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome, good luck.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

John2009

Maybe Not Beagle but Vundo, it did the same thing to me, except it was talking about PIMYIVU.dll