Author Topic: Can't even get through the checkout process...  (Read 3157 times)

Blotnik

Can't even get through the checkout process...
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:08:38 AM »
 ???

???
  I am trying to buy Avast for Windows Home Server plus the pack that contains 10 licenses for Avast Pro. I can't get through the checkout initial page. The page is a web form that asks for your information like any other form except that it is short a State/Province Field (meaning the page doesn't have a State/Province field). I placed my zipcode in the form and pressed the submit button and it brings me back to the same checkout page with the zipcode field highlighted in red and a red letter message that states that my zipcode is incorrect for the State/Province field. I placed my information in every conceivable arrangement and still it's willy-go-round in circles. I sent an email to support 3 days ago and I haven't gotten a reply. I'm beginning to believe this is a third rate outfit - maybe their software is 3rd rate too. I can't imagine someone placing a requirement on one field (the zipcode field) pointing to another field that doesn't even exist (State/Province). I mean how stupid can you get. How do you expect to sell anything? Come on somebody please help before I go searching for anti-virus software from somewhere else. I downloaded Avast for Windows Home Server almost 60 days ago as the free trial version for 60 days. It expires on May 17th and I'm leaving on the 16th and I do not want to leave my server unprotected... Hint - Hint ... I won't leave it unprotected  no matter which way I have to go. AVG maybe... whatever...

Disappointed new customer

ACG_Support

Re: Can't even get through the checkout process...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:54:44 AM »
Word to the wise...avoid AVG.

A client took it apon himself to buy and install AVG for their home computer. Within a week it was infected with two trojans. After running AVG with the system restore turned off and finding the trojans I rebooted only to find the trojans again. I followed this process 3 times before I uninstalled AVG and loaded Avast Home Edition. Avast found and cleaned the trojans on the first pass. A virus hasn't gotten a toehold into that system since (only several warnings). It took 2 weeks but the AVG folks refunded my clients money.

AVG is good for spyware and (I may be dated) rootkit detection, but its sorely lacking as anti-virus software.

If you're going to hint a threat at least pick something that works :)