Author Topic: screen saver  (Read 8321 times)

pentagore77

screen saver
« on: June 08, 2003, 04:45:26 AM »
Everything with Avast! has been excellent thus far. I have only had one problem. I cannot access the screen saver settings. When I click the settings button in the screen saver applet (Win XP), I get a brief flash as though something wants to open, but then nothing. The screen saver itself works fine. I just cannot seem to access the settings. Any ideas?

Amerk_5

Re:screen saver
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 05:09:38 AM »
I had this problem after setting the screensaver for avastss to Blank Screen. What I had to was shutdown avast & delete the file Avast4.mdb which holds the screensaver settings. The file is located in %/Program Files/avast/Data folder.

See this thread that I started.

pentagore77

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 05:24:27 AM »
That did it. Thank you.

Amerk_5

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 06:20:07 AM »
Your welcome.

pentagore77

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »
Just for everyone's information, this problem has happened again. I did not change anything regarding the screen saver. I went in to make sure it was still working and again, no access to the settings. I repeated the fix and that seemed to repair it. Now again there is no access to the screen saver settings. This would appear to be something that ALWIL will need to look into for the next build. It simply will not stay fixed. In the meantime, I will continue to use the fix I have - albeit only a temporary one.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 06:05:39 AM »
I tried this feature. The screen became very confuse, trying to be set to 640 x 480 pixels...
I could solve this working with PowerControl 1.02 (Freeware, http://smsoft.chat.ru/en).
The final configuration is:
Screen saver: PowerControl
Click, Configurations (it´ll be available)
Chose the screen saver avast! antivirus (into PowerControl).
You´ll get access to the avast! antivirus settings.
After this, you can change all settings: Windows, PowerControl and avast! antivirus.  ;)
By the way, this feature is not so stable than the same in another antivirus.  :'(
The best things in life are free.